A rough roadmap for addition of CalDAV support to the Calendar codebase and products. These dates are "week-of", not hard-and-fast deadlines, with the exception of the basic interop test ("interop-1").
- Bug 269476 can be used to track this.
We need to file bugs on these things, and annotate this page heavily with them. Please feel free to help!
NOTE: Will this CalDAV implimentation work with Hula? As a company that sells Hula servers, having Mozilla Calendar support would be great. CalDAV support is currently in SVN and is actively maintained. SebPayne
Nov 1: Item interfaces
Nov 9: Provider/backend interfaces
- async protocol update/validate/notify semantics (calICalendar)
- CalDAV "shell" for simple server interaction
- SERVER: first access to CalDAV prototype implementation (partial)
- STORE: attendees, status (yes/no/maybe)
- refactored ICS/ical parsing and serialization for use of new interfaces, and reuse from CalDAV
Nov 22: Sunbird building atop interface changes
- calICalendarProtocol registration model defined
- basic CalDAV protocol implementation in tree
- UI: repair/update Sunbird attendee-mgmt dialog
- UI: add-meeting dialog changes for specifying attendees (no address book integration, just simple text fields)
- driver shell for testing/developing calendar providers
Nov 29: Sunbird CalDAV milestone: "in and out"
- Meeting creation
- Including attendee list (simple mailto: URLs)
- Full-calendar and single-event fetch from CalDAV server
- No local caching required; if local-store caching present, need to be able to suppress it for a "server-only" mode.
- API complete: free/busy data
- ICS backend updated for new interfaces, ICS service, etc.
Dec 6: Sunbird CalDAV milestone: "change is good"
- Alter meeting event properties (my attendance status, add/remove attendee)
- Delete meeting
- UI: free/busy display in meeting-details/add-meeting
Dec 15 (proposed): Sunbird milestone release to get testing on changes? (codename: "let's not have this fight in front of the children")
Jan 5: (to account for Xmas holidays)
- Use CalDAV REPORT for time-range queries in server-only mode.
Jan 15: Basic interoperability ("interop-1") test with CalDAV server
- Create new meeting (with implicit invitation on server side using SCHEDULE?)
- Specify multiple attendees
- Week-view based on REPORT
- Alter meeting properties (my attendance-status)
- View week's events