Calendar:Status Meetings:2006-05-11

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

<< previous meeting | index | next meeting >>

Meeting Details

Telephone Info

  • Toll free numbers
  • Access Code
    • 3646989
  • Conference controls
    • *6 mute line
    • *7 unmute line
  • Each time you say something, please say your name first so people know who's talking


dmose, jminta, mickey, christian, ssa, ulf, ause, ctalbert


  • Action items from last week
    • VOIP options (dmose, ssa)
    • Face-to-face meeting scheduling (mvl)
    • Provide New Event dialog prototype extension
    • Provide iTIP/iMIP prototype extension
  • Sunbird 0.3a2 status
  • Carpool for pending patches
  • Versioning story
  • Find an agreement on the event/task dialog proposal
  • Open agenda topics from last week
    • UI group selection
    • Feature planning (roadmap proposal, brainstorm feature areas)
  • QA activities

Action items from last week

VOIP options

  • meetings will now be held as telephone meetings

Face to face meetings

  • still no response from mvl
  • likely to take place in the range last week of june and first week of july

Provide prototype extensions

  • mickey: New Event dialog extension is available
  • ctalbert: iTIP/iMIP extension will follow today

Sunbird 0.3a2 status

  • joey: bits are ready, announcement and ftp- and web-server update in the next hours

Carpool for pending patches

  • It is unclear how to deal with about 25 patches that are about to land. Conflicts and regressions are likely.
  • Dan: land them over a range of several days, max 8 patches per day, start with the most localized first
  • action item joey: create landing schedule for feedback

Versioning story

  • It is unclear for users which Sunbird version is aligned with which Lightning version
  • Attendees agreed on choosing 0.3 as next version number for both products
  • action item dmose: get approval from mvl & lilmatt regarding this

Find an agreement on the event/task dialog proposal

  • mickey will get the recurrence and invitation patches landing, the free/busy grid will be left out until we have agreement on this feature

UI group selection

  • dmose will have a meeting with beltzner today, update will follow in the next days
  • agreement is to do it firefox style, i.e. define a small UI group that will come to decisions
  • all agreed that those decisions must not be changed or reverted during code reviews
  • action items dmose: follow up on UI group selection and propose improvements for the development process (around scalability and module ownership)

Feature planning (roadmap proposal, brainstorm feature areas)

  • dmose: doesn't make too much sense until target audience and product definition questions are solved - which will be done soon
  • dmose: proposed to put lightning roadmap proposal and feature areas on wiki pages -> action item ssa
  • ssa: in order to have quick turnaround cycles and to get early feedback the roadmap should lead to frequent milestones which are better tested than nightlies. this also allows for more reliable time line planning. the attendees generally agreed on this proposal.
  • dmose and beltzner posted user definition proposals that will be discussed in the newsgroup until next week
  • christian volunteered to come up with persona definitions for beltzners proposal because he already has a lot of user input from admins, dmose was not sure if admins should be one of the personas (beltzner proposed picking a corporate user as the secondary target user) -> let's do the newsgroup discussion regarding the proposals first
  • beltzner: regarding feature requests it might be useful to set up a wiki based pool of ideas or technologies where features for upcoming releases can be picked from, everybody may submit his ideas to the pool

Update on QA activities


  • is doing bugzilla cleanup regarding components and bug status
  • QA wiki page will be updated regarding the the new components
  • automated QA discussion is ongoing, automated tests against calendar base is already possible (unit tests, no UI tests)
  • it is planned to make the tests available for tinderboxen and developers