Personal tools

Calendar:Status Meetings:2006-11-08

From MozillaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

<< previous meeting | index | next meeting >>

Meeting Details

Telephone Info

  • Toll free numbers
    • US/Canada: 800 867 8609
    • Netherlands: 08002658232
    • Germany: 08001014546
    • Poland: 008001114706
    • Sun: x44444
    • More numbers (toll/toll free): Sun Worldwide Ready-Access numbers
  • Access Code
    • 3646989
  • Conference controls
    • *6 mute line
    • *7 unmute line
  • Each time you say something, please say your name first so people know who's speaking

Agenda Items

Attendees

sipaq, daniel, christian, clint, lilmatt, mickey

Meeting Log

We'll take the calendar views discussion to the news group.

Reviewing the status of the release. We will update the next release document on the wiki.

Personal Status

  • Matt flies out to mountain view next week. Dan's vacation ends at the end of this week, and after that he'll attend the Firefox summit, and then will be back on calendar stuff after that. Matt will see Dan on Monday. Joey just got an assignment that will keep him from doing calendar stuff for a few weeks.

Performance

  • mvl added indexes, nothing else has been done yet.

Go to date

  • joey posted a patch for it, but we need to check on the status of it.

Workflow user experience

  • Christian has his idea on the wiki.
  • He tried to unclutter the left pane in order to space it out.
  • Tasks pane is split out as a seperate entitiy. Users will understand the look and feel because several other applications use this same type of format: splitting calendar and mail and tasks.
  • Might also have a button in the mail toolbar so that you can switch into the calendar view. But, it's not clear how drag and drop would work in that context.
  • Looked into vertical tabs, but that didn't work at all.
  • Attempted to look into separate tabs for each part of the application, but that was too cumbersome. Having agenda and todo list would be useful in the mail view, and that was why he included them in the main view.

Christian will write down some of these reasons and the options that we have to consider and post it into the newsgroup.

Item-Editing

  • Need to come to a decision on the edit of recurring events post in the newsgroup.
    • Repost a summary: with what the majority of people are leaning toward in the decision.

Printing

  • Options would be nice - how you would like your printout would look, use serif or sans serif fonts. Print formatters address views for printing
  • Printing improvements could be items for the addon page.

Get data in

  • Joey and Mvl were working on getting the UI reviewed for the migrator.
  • Timezones with colons and quotes have been addressed.

Tbird integration

  • No changes

iTip

  • Clint is working with eor a student from Seneca on the iTipProcessor
  • Clint will post an updated interface for iTIP Processor and the Send mail portions of iTIP to the newsgroup before the end of the week.

dataloss

  • No Changes

regressions

  • No changes

user pain points in 0.3

  • discussions about 24 hours views are occurring in the newsgroup
  • the migrator is in process.

sunbird not starting up on windows

  • Clint will post the matrix of the reported bugs to the newsgroup.
  • Try to get more qa folk who are on windows looking at it.
  • Update: ssitter, sebo, xFallenAngel, celina63 and Clint looked into this issue. It was determined that it might be part of a more general problem with https access that has been reported on the trunk. The bug for the trunk problem is: bug 330271

simon put up a post to the blog with the latest status report