- Time: Wednesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, 2J (JK)
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
- scl2 status
- 3 racks good (which are, unfortunately, the Metrics Team's)
- hybrid netboot solution in place
- firmware updates required for many racks
- pxe firmware image created
- expecting further surprises
- lots of v1.5 investigation
- python deployment
- deployment process is good
- work continues on code and configs
- rs and tarek to improve dev testing cycle - tracked here https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=623248
- new puppet-controlled sandbox environment for dev testing pre-stage
- existing dev environment remains "do anything" place for dev
- dev/stage environment issues, bug 622864
- new dev-stage intermediate sandbox
- discuss with tarek
- top priority because this is holding up python work
See yesterday's meeting notes for detailed status on projects.
- Mostly endgame stuff
- Some new projects are about to start up (Identity, Notifications)
- 1.6b2 shipped to address issues in b1 and do the last compat changes (bookmarks only)
- Third party review in progress - going well. Will get some feedback this week
- Initial testing of j-pake and blacklisting completed. Several bugs identified
- Will perform similar testing when python goes to prod to confirm proper functionality
- Do a simulation of 10 million new activations over a 24 hour period? Given we have tons of extra capacity?
Notes and actions
- Jeff/MConnor will drive the load test to simulate 10M new user activations over a 24 hour period.
- Ragavan will follow up with Marketing to see if there are better numbers for how many J-PAKE activations to expect on launch day.
- atoll will provide numbers based on logs on current J-PAKE servers
- MConnor/Ragavan will work on communicating regular status on Sync blockers for Fx 4.
- We won't be pursuing perf benchmarks until we get all Fx 4 blockers done.
Fx 4 client
Fx 4 server
Followups from before:
- AI: tarek to do some load testing against staging and come up with numbers.
- tarek: I ran them on dev (similar than stage): 1,250,000 Pake sessions per day with the current setup (1 pake session == 30 requests)
- need to bench on prod now
- AI: rnewman to get some numbers on how much better the perf is with the simplified crypto work.