- Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, North Bridge
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
Who's away?: .
- 1 Ops
- 2 Engineering
- 2.1 Account Registration/Management
- 2.2 Sync
- 2.3 Identity
- 2.4 F1 (Share)
- 2.5 System Management
- 2.6 Notifications (Paul)
- 3 QA
- 4 Deployment Requests
- 5 Metrics
- 6 Product
- 7 Security
- 8 Marketing
- 9 Roundtable
- PHP baseline performance testing underway. Performance testing for Python will follow shortly afterwards.
Python Registration Server (reg/sreg) (Tarek)
- Fixed a regression in unicode passwords - will be pushed into the next tag
Account Portal (Toby)
Node Assignment (Toby)
Python Sync Server (Tarek)
- The bench infrastructure seems to be ready \o/ . Will work with jlazaro this week if possible
PHP Sync Server (Toby)
Sync Client (rnewman)
Merged to m-c last night; your service to the Empire will be rewarded, philikon.
Changes in the last week:
* bug 654900 - Don't spin the events loop in the Sync bookmarks tracker. * bug 648364 - Replace custom helpers with Services.jsm et.al. * bug 613277 - Add tests from JSModules repository * bug 629664 - Get rid of intermittent Windows failure (again!)
bug 618913 (in-product notifications for Sync setup) landed directly on m-c. QA reports that it's not completely working, so that'll get fixed in Aurora.
Services/Sync/FxSync/WarOnSpinningEventLoop proceeds apace; processing of incoming records is now almost completely async HTTP, so spinning is being pushed further up the stack. Tests are passing, code is commented, baby birds chirp happily.
- Worked on the server reconfig for the new specification (finalizing tests today).
- work with rmiller on interface w/ client library.
- Gen. meeting with stakeholders and advisers about development concerns (e.g. client crypto)
Big Lebowski (rtilder)
- Paul joins team (yay!)
- jrc set up VM with notifications server core for Paul to poke at.
- Meeting Thurs. to discuss direction of the notifications project.
Testing and Sign-offs (tracy)
- s-c to m-c merge cycle went fine this week. It was pushed a day early to get on the train for the Aurora merge today.
- Python server push was held again this week because of a non-ascii character password bug 621283. That fix is in and will be verified in this weeks server testing cycle
- QA will add a check for this in server smoketest+
Automated Testing (jgriffin, ocoutts)
- Working on additional grinder scripts to test more functionality
- Data Integrety
- User Registration
- More random user data
As per the production release process any production change requests for the next release window (Monday afternoon) must be called out here by the developer requesting the update, with all required bugs/test plans already complete by the start of the meeting.
- Python Registration Server, bug 654148
Reports and Monitoring (daniel)
Notes and actions
Follow ups from last week
Next features pages for servers being built in: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Services/Server/NextFeatures