Web Compatibility Team Goals
A place to document what the team is working on.
- [karl] Prepare a lightning talk to thank/explain the work of Core dev with regards to webcompat (for All Hands Dec 2017)
- [karl] create a "detailed" graph of webcompat.com interactions
- [ola] create a CLI script for setting up webcompat.com dev
- [ola] build the website refactoring
- [ola] create a UI that suggest duplicate entries when reporting bugs
- [tom] create a web extension to help diagnose bugs (when having little context about the bugs) and remove reliance on mitmproxy (blocked until the relevant web extension API lands).
- [tom] create a user-agent spoofing web extension that works well on fennec and desktop Firefox.
- [tom] burn down the needsdiagnosis queue for desktop/fennec as much as possible.
- [tom] continue work on the website regression tool, making it work with at least 5 topsites and getting it to work with CI (blocked until the relevant web extension API lands).
- [eric] create a web extension to cross-post information from webcompat.com to moz-bugzilla in one click
- [dennis] solve the compatibility issue for webcompat gofaster extension with Quantum
- [dennis] finalize the JS and CSS override for webcompat gofaster extension
- [dennis] Ship for webcompat gofaster extension to fennec so we have a simpler UA override.
- [dennis] Add a webcompat panel to the developer tools.
- [dennis] Release 3 screencasts, including one about gofaster
- [mike] Do a screencast about triage
- [mike] Re-land report site issue in nightly in nightly 57
- [mike] Land a webhook for automatically labeling with type-stylo if users have enabled it in their pref.
- [mike] Finish the specification about window.event
- [mike] Establish with Taipei engineering management on how to make issues more visible when they matter for webcompat.
- [mike] Whip everyone about the training options.
- [adam] Do a screencast about webcompat environment setup for testing triage
- [adam] Clarify and establish a clear responsibility for partner relations stuff
- [adam] Explore trending content by getting data from Pocket, and see if we can collect code patterns
- [karl, mike, eric] Tackle the milestones issue https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/886
- [karl] Deliver a working prototype for atom feeds https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/132
- [karl] Finalize shoki (script to generate minutes of meetings) https://github.com/karlcow/shoki/
- [karl] Finalize a janitor script for cleaning up incorrect status labels on webcompat.com https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1251
- [karl] -webkit-appearance use cases for the CSS Working Group. https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1250
- Ship WebCompat Reporter add-on in Desktop (Dev Edition)
- webcompat.com Automated Tooling (bots: screenshots, alexa rank, etc.)
- webcompat.com Atom feed for domains
- webcompat.com Duplicate issues UI
- Contributor rewards/recognition
- Top site interactive crawlers (blocked on headless Gecko work)
- Ship WebCompat Reporter add-on in Desktop (Nightly, carry-over from Q4)
- Web Regression Test Suite (prototyping)
- Go Faster v2 APIs (DOM, CSS, JS)
- Go Faster automated sitepatch testing
- Desktop WebCompat Reporter improvements (perf, UI) in Desktop
- webcompat.com UX + onboarding improvements (Outreachy project w/ Adam)
- Compat Stats Dashboards and Metrics
- Mobile Top Sites Compatibility Survey (in prioritized locales, pending budget approval)
- Continued Compat spec work
- meta viewport
- Community engagement/building (speaking, articles, contributor onboarding, Outreachy)
- Ship WebCompat Reporter add-on in Desktop (Nightly)
- Ship v1 webcompat go faster addon (enabled)
- Burn down "needsdiagnosis" backlog on webcompat.com (> 3 months old)
- webcompat.com performance audit
- Ship webcompat.com issues.db branch
- Continued community engagement (speaking, articles, contributor onboarding, outreachy)
- Article about webcompat in Japan (karl)
- Tech in Asia Jakarta 2016 (karl)
DONE Q4 2016
- Finalize work with Yahoo! JP to get sites fixed for Fennec