Hard to Diagnose Bugs
This will be discussed at Mozilla All Hands 2018 in Orlando
Adding your name will help when we want to get more context about the issues. Don't forget to open issues on devtools project too.
- (karl) When the event is wrapped by a generic handler before being dispatched to the actual function in charge of doing something.
- (karl) Events caught in a timer loop (do something with this if only in the x ms) aka artificially managing the event queue. We get caught in the event loop and can't go out because the step by step is not fast enough.
- (karl) Nonsensical "steps out". The step out of Firefox devtools seems to be working differently from the one in Chrome. There are many cases where it doesn't seem to make sense. Karl will try to find a practical example.
- (karl) faking geolocation for testing
- (karl) step by step jumping to the minified code instead of the prettyfied one.
- (karl) #19383 Having the possibility to stop a redirect through JS so we can set breakpoints in the page.
- (karl) Russian lottery where remote debugging works or doesn't work with Nightly.
- (karl) https://webcompat.com/issues/20363#issuecomment-434142221 Can't debug because no access to breakpoints on events and sourcemap is not working on this code.
- (karl) Opened https://github.com/devtools-html/debugger.html/issues/7260 The breakpoint doesn't survive the reload.
- (Dennis) #17172 - Debugging service worker registrations is hard, especially if you can't even find the call to the register function in the first place...
- (Dennis) #18152 - Possible race condition somewhere, but cannot reproduce when having the debugger running or recording a replay session