Testing en-US locale using "Phony" addon (Sergiu & Oana)
Could you provide some details related to this add-on and how to use it. What should we focus on? Should we test all sites while "Phony" is active and pointing to Chrome? E.g. For google.com when setting Phony to point to Chrome, the page becomes Desktop page. For https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/7186 when setting Phony to point to Chrome, the video plays but the page becomes Desktop page.
- miketaylr: The original intent was to test Google Search using only Phony addon. (mike explains tier1 vs less nice experience.) So if we were sending the Chrome UA using Fennec, what does it happen? What is breaking?
- miketaylr: TODO: sent email with more details
- oana: There is a problem, I'm getting a desktop site with google.com
- adam: Make sure to select the one that says Android (Phone)
VPN (HMA!) account disabled (Sergiu & Oana)
We've been using a VPN service (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hidemyass.hidemyassprovpn&hl=en), but it seems that we no longer have access to it, due to multiple active sessions across the Mozilla project. Taking in consideration that we are using multiple devices at the same time, we would need a license that permits multiple active connections.
- mike: Go ahead and get a 1 year subscription and send an invoice.
Outreachy intros (miketaylr)
Let's say hi to Beatriz and Carol.
- everyone: (Everyone does a short intro)
webcompat.com bugs triage (miketaylr)
It's the first week of the month, let's look at some bugs and in-progress issues.
- miketaylr: https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/pulls
- ola: status update: stuff in review, ola to work on it tonight.
- miketaylr: let's look at recent issues https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues
- miketaylr: https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1582 If only this one was solved by Beatriz that would be wonderful.
- miketaylr: https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1581
- karl: very simple optimization for speed. urlsplit() is not taking into accounts parameters and it's why it's faster.
- miketaylr: https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1580
- karl: crazy weekend idea on storing some of the data for issues, so it's more easily accessible and less likely to break with text parsing. Needs discussions.
- mike: https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1579
- etsai: work is going on. I will ask mike and/or karl for review. It's not expensive. 1$ for 400 domains.
- miketaylr: plus we probably don't need to do it often.
- miketaylr: https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1576
- miketaylr: Nice work!
- miketaylr: https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1574 and https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1571
- ola: carol has taken them and are working on it.
- dennis: some issues related to the label initialization. I will leave a comment.
- miketaylr: https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1570
- karl: this is a regression. guillaume is working on it. He asked me for a review. I'll do that tomorrow morning.
- miketaylr: https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1569
- miketaylr: There's a recurrent failure starting with one test it seems.
- miketaylr: https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1567
- karl: simple fix. Good way to get into the code.
- miketaylr: https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1565
- karl: adam was asking if we could hide the type-media bug from the webcompat.com UI.
- mike: I'm interested working on that
- karl: This is parallel to the bug for automating the filtering of type-media. I have done optimization of webhooks script to prepare for type-media. https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1551
- miketaylr: yes we need to clarify what we do with all of that before SF. If it's not working they should probably just redirect them to bugzilla.
- miketaylr: https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1564
- miketaylr: we need to clean up a bit the current inline scripts.
Broken Voices of the Web
Web Compatibility Progress
FIXED (no DUPLICATE)
- 2017-05-30 Desktop sede.educacion.gob.es PKI personal digital certificate authentication (login) requires unsafe renegotiation WORKSFORME
- 2017-06-05 Desktop .origin on WindowOrWorkerGlobalScope breaks company called Origin FIXED
- 2017-06-05 Desktop Notifications view on Facebook takes a lot of CPU FIXED