Scribed by Dennis
OKR Check-in (miketaylr)
Fill in before the meeting the status of your work.
Logged WebRender issues are not getting any love (Sergiu)
Mike suggested that we log issues that land on webcompat.com which explicitly (or not) mention webrender, in Bugzilla. We have 2 so far: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1500341 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1502299. Due to the fact that the issues are not reproducible (either on our side or on the Webrender issues watchers side), they are being closed. Should we keep reporting them?
- Sergiu: We've been told to log issues with webrender into bugzilla. We don't know if the triage owners are aware of these issues.
- Mike: WebRender is now enabled in beta for some people, and will be in Release for some people in the future. In the past, we closed issues with "this is non-standard, you enabled this". Now, we should escallate the issues to the graphics team if we spot new issues. I've seen this happened twice, but those have been closed as worksforme. Should be escallate them?
- Sergiu: Do you think we should report them even if we can't reproduce them?
- Mike: Do you have a machien that fits the requirements for Windows to test?
- Sergiu: (yes)
- Mike: We should report it, maybe we can catch an important regression eventually. If we file two and they clsoe it, that's not a big deal, but if you feel we should only escallate them if we can reproduce it, that's also fine.
- Sergiu: Okay, we'll only report issues to bugzilla that we can reproduce.
- Mike: Okay. It's possible that we might lose some issues on different hardware, but we can improve that if it happens.
There are many issues related to "Secure connection error" that we are not able to reproduce. Should we continue closing them as "Worksforme" or is there any way we can investigate them further to help the users?
- Mike: Good question. These issues are in the category of issues that are hard to understand. It could be a network issue, it could be a proxy that intercepts SSL, we've also had issues with some CDNs that only happened to some people...
- Mike: If you want to create a new label, like `type-mysterious-ssl`, we might have an easier time to triage them and come back at a later time, but for now, I'd probably close them as `worksforme` or `incomplete`
- Adam: Being able to group them together with labels might help discovering some patterns in the sites. For things like, for example, the CDN issues for twitter, we have people who are in contact with those.
- Oana: So, what would be a good label?
- Mike: `type-connection-error-unknown`, for example. Something that indicates that we are unsure what is wrong exactly.
- Mike: We've been seeing these issues for a while, maybe we can just approach some people proactively in the future.
Two Minutes ( 🐝 )
- Abdul: Triage(Mobile), Needstriage down to single digit for Mobile (8 as of now)
- Adam: triage, accounts for enterprise, security stuff, go faster, partner outreach
- Dennis: Little bit of GoFaster planning with Adam, getting eMail and needinfo and ping backlog down a bit.
- Karl: needsdiagnosis a lot, brought back the number under 170. We got back to the previous numbers. Webcompat.com Code: #2571, #2670. Webcompat.com Review: #2686, #2679, #2668, #2650, #2416, #2653, #2592. Managed to deploy the site 3 times without breaking it (13 PRs). Reading/Commenting on the outreachy contributions (deadline for their application is today).
- Kate: Lots of outside stuff taking up time, but have basic frontend framework for weekly issues in place (data still wonky).
- Mike: Planning, triage. Lots of Outreachy support.
- Oana: Triage and investigate issues. Enterprise testing.
- Sergiu: Triage and investigate issues. Enterprise testing.
- Thomas: Mostly work on Blipz v2 and getting my patchset in bz1449613 a few steps closer to ready (mostly off-hours).
PTO / Travel ( 🐝 )
- 2018-11-01: Dennis (Public Holiday)