Scribed by Dennis
OKR Check-in (miketaylr)
Large number of Netflix issues (SV)
We received a large number of issues related to being unable to sign into Netflix. We were not able to reproduce it on our side and linked all the issues to the first one logged (https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/25420). Should we consider investigating this matter further or reopen the main issue and add any details there ?
- Sergiu: Some people are having trouble signing into Netflix, if the stars are aligned properly. We only managed to reproduce that one single time, but when I connected to another network, the issue was not reproducible, so it was a temporary issue.
- Sergiu: People are still reporting, can we reach out to Netflix to let them know?
- Mike: Yes! I will start a conversation with them.
- Sergiu: We have 17 issues logged for this right now, and we are constantely getting more, even today.
- Oana: As far as I know, we also had a Safari user reproducing this, so it might be non-compat, but it's still better to ask them.
Issues reproducible only with Tracking Protection Off (SV)
We stumble upon some strange issues that are reproducible only if Tracking Protection is Off. We added this info in the issue and moved them to Needsdiagnosis. Should be consider a different approach for them?
- e.g.: https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/25665, https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/24916
- Oana: That's a strange one. Since TP was enabled in release, we've found a couple of issues that only reproduce if we manually turn TP off.
- Mike: So there might be some bugs introduced by tracking scripts?
- Oana: Possible. We've moved them to needsdiagnosis. It's strange because we've experienced issues with TP on, and now it's with TP off.
- Sergiu: I think the site is trying to work around TP, and the workaround breaks when TP is off.
- Tom: I agree, I have diagnoses such an issue before, and their code for evading TP was simply not good enough, and caused breakage.
- Mike: Interesting, let's keep an eye on it. If we see patterns, we can talk to the security team and figure something out together.
- Sergiu: I'd suggest to still add the TP label, even if the issue is reproducible only with TP off, so that we have a way of tracking them.
testcase-reducer addon (tom)
(just a PSA. no scribing necessary. The addon is now available on AMO here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/testcase-reducer/)
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Abdul: No triaging, a bit busy with events
- Cipri: Triage and investigate issues.
- Dennis: To tablespoons diagnosis, two teaspoons TTDS, a few drops of testing and reviewing `about:compat`, and a touch of GoFaster!
- Guillaume: (sending in some PRs against webcompat.com! yay)
- Karl: diagnosis, and reviews, reviews, reviews.
- Kate: getting the metrics DB up and running, about to send PR for test route from client side.
- Mariana: not much besides the OKR stuff, trying to study a little bit of security.
- Mike: Slowly writing a blogpost. Trying to be useful in reviews.
- Oana: Triage and investigate issues.
- Sergiu: Triage and investigate issues. Hiking
- Thomas: Landed about:compat, got my testcase-reducer addon on AMO, did some diagnosis, debugged my patchset for bug 1449613 (XHR refactoring). Also a second dog (puppy) joined my home's ranks.
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
- 2019-02-28 to 2019-03-08: Karl: French TZ. Reachable.
- 2019-03-07 to 2019-03-11: Dennis: Not reachable, running around with my camera doing some things.
- 2019-04-25 to 2019-04-29: Dennis: Visiting MozBerlin for a non-Mozilla hackathon.