Scribed by Thomas
FYI Work week Minutes ( 👹 )
Karl has a copy and will publish it as soon he is back from PTO.
OKR Check-in (miketaylr)
Final one of the quarter! https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/5
- Mike: we're nearly done with everything, which is great. 7 done, 4 in-progress, hopefully all closed out by the end of the week.
- Mike: for issue 1.2, the data scraper. What's left is to separate out the desktop and mobile stats. We may punt on that for now, because of the way the TSCI tool works. Do we need to split them out?
- Dennis: I'd prefer that, since historically Fennec has been its own source of issues.
- Mike: sure. It might take a little longer to scrape the data, but we might be able to do it. I'll aim for Friday, at least. We're on track.
- Mike: for issue 1.3, the sitewait process, we've done a lot of work. The criticals are done and wow: a lot of bugs got fixed. It seems like diligence is useful. Sergiu, Oana, Ciprian, the All Hands last week kept us from staying up-to-date, so I was wondering if the rotation here should be monthly?
- Oana: I think monthly makes sense.
- Mike: ok, then let's mark this as on track. As soon as we start getting to the minor issues, let's mark it as done, and keep doing this on a monthly cadence.
- Sergiu: we could set a Q3 OKR for this that makes it more traceable.
- Mike: yeah, let's do that.
- Sergiu: maybe run sitewait three times. That would help us to not forget.
- Mike: ok. I'm finalizing the Q3 OKRs with Adam this week. I think Adam was supposed to share that with everyone, but just in case nobody has seen it, I'll share it by the end of the meeting.
- Mike: for issue 3.1, the webkit scrollbar bits, I think we're done?
- Dennis: we're just landing the final patches into moz-central. I'm letting Ksenia remove any stale interventions first, to minimize rebasing churn.
- Mike: it would be nice if we can mark this as done regardless. Maybe sync up with Ksenia to see.
- Ksenia: I haven't had a chance to finish yet, as I was blocked on other tasks.
- Mike: alright, that's fine. We seem to be on track. Yeah, within four days we should be able to rubber-stamp this.
- Mike: for issue 3.2, Fenix intervention capabilities...
- Dennis: I feel we should mark it as done. I've linked a Google Doc in the issue which explains that we're basically at the point where Sebastien says "just do it" stage. We know what we can do (almost anything but UI stuff). The plan isn't solid, but it's the best we can probably come up with.
- Mike: it would be nice to have a "potential issues" section. Do we have any clues to do that?
- Dennis: we know web extensions work in Fenix already, and Tom and I have been able to make a local build, so that's not an issue. It's down to whether APIs we need are supported, but that's not really 100% knowable at this stage. But the basics *are* there, content scripts and networking stuff, so the most critical stuff is in, but screenshots and advanced browser data isn't, for instance.
- Mike: I see. We scoped this just to interventions, so it's probably OK to ship without about:compat at first in Q3. Hopefully in the coming weeks we can at least file the bugs on the rest of the bits, so we're ahead.
- Dennis: so discounting any UI stuff, we're likely in very good shape at this point. Our extensions are simple enough and should work with
- Tom: we were given the impression that we will be supported by the mobile team to get a Q3 MVP done for interventions, and we've decided to file API-requirement bugs for nice-to-have bits as soon as possible, so the addons and mobile teams know what is necessary.
- Mike: ok, then let's note that in the Google Doc.
severity-critical push for Fenix (miketaylr)
Is there anything we're missing, that isn't TP related?
- sergiu: maybe login with Google? (https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/33441)
- Mike: Adam wanted us to look through severity-critical bugs to get ahead of possible Fenix issues, as it's launching soon. We found that Google sign-in on pages like Fandango is busted, but we're trying to figure it out now (Tom is investigating). The Fangando issue is ~26 days old, so we probably need to be more vigilant and move faster on Fenix/GeckoView issues. So to everyone diagnosing: let's focus on Fenix issues as much as we can for now.
Q3 OKR preview (miketaylr)
(the team looks at draft OKRs for Q3).
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Abdul: All hands!
- Cipri: Triage / Sitewait Confirmation testing
- Dennis: All Hands, sleeping.
- Guillaume: All hands!
- Karl: whistler work week. Big progress on dashboards backend. Good work with kate and guillaume.
- Kate: All hands!
- Ksenia: whistler all hands and diagnosis
- Mike: All hands, and not sleeping much.
- Oana: Triage and Sitewait confirmation.
- Sergiu: Triage and Sitewait confirmation.
- Thomas: whistler all hands (planning for Q3/Q4) and testcase reducer fixes.
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/
- Karl: 2019-06-24 to 2019-06-25 (vancouver)
- Karl: 2019-07-09 to 2019-07-26 (france)
- Oana: 2019-07-08 to 2019-07-12 (Slovakia & Poland hiking)
- Sergiu: 2019-07-15 to 2019-07-26 (Eurotrip)
- Ksenia: 2019-07-01 Canada day