Scribed by Thomas
Introducing Q4 OKRs (miketaylr)
Fennec Web compat issues (karl)
With the arrival of Fenix, what do we do with the bugs which are happening only on Fennec but not on Fenix? Should we close them?
- mike: If they relate to core gecko issues that have been fixed in 69+, then yes. If they're "product-level" bugs, then yes. Are there instances when we shouldn't? It's still possible to get code uplifted to Fennec Release, so probably for Top 10 TSCI sites we should care?
- resolution: if it's a high priority site, then we should continue to diagose. Otherwise, just close it. But we should take care to check if the issue repros on Fenix, and treat those normally as Fenix diagnoses.
FYI minutes formatter (karl)
The minutes formatter is in a usable state by other people. https://pypi.org/project/shoki/ To install it. `pip3 install --user shoki` then `shoki create --location https://webcompat-meet.herokuapp.com/0CMnUyYMSBaQJQ97Yxc8Ww/download` If you find bugs, please file an issue on https://github.com/karlcow/shoki/
- mike: thanks! i tried in the past and failed (but it's 100% likely this was user error). will give it a shot. ACTION ITEM: mike to do today's meeting.
IRCCloud decommission impact (sergiu)
Do we have a free open-source back-up solution that keeps the conversations history, after the 4th of October?
- mike: [ZNC](https://wiki.znc.in/ZNC) is free and open-source, but can sometimes suck to configure. It allows any client to connect to your server and replay messages.
- mike: People who would like to keep using IRCCloud can purchase a personal account and expense it until the transition is finished.
- mike: Panos said if you'd like to expense the personal IRCCloud plan until the new solution is chosen, do so (it will be approved by me). There are other IRC options, that's fine too (znc etc).
- sergiu: ok, we'll check around to see what solution works best for us.
Outreachy Round 19 (Dennis)
WebCompat will be participating in Outreachy Round 19, having someone work with us on shipping the new webcompat issue reporting experience into the browser!
- Dennis: we've seen UX previews already, our Outreachy applicant will be implementing them. Mike, Tom and I will be the mentors. So if anyone pops into IRC, they might be asking questions about that: be mindful of that!
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Abdul: Leveraging LinkedIn premium for outreach
- Cipri: Triage, UA overrides & Interventions testing
- Dennis: Outreachy planning, Fenix followup, Diagnosis, View Source, Stuff.
- Guillaume: _
- Karl: attended w3c tpac. needsdiagnosis. fixed some issues for shoki. Had good work discussions with mike and thomas. Nice walking time too.
- Kate: wrangling employees. job hunting. some drafting of metrics docs.
- Ksenia: Mozilla onboarding, diagnosis, working on interventions (which never end...)
- Mike: w3c tpac. prepping for view source. lots of end of q3 stuff, q4 and beyond planning.
- Oana: Triage & TSCI & UA overrides & Interventions testing.
- Sergiu: Triage extravaganza!
- Thomas: View Source, TPAC, Enhanced Search, diagnosis
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/
- Karl: 2019-09-23 Autumn day (jp national holiday)
- Karl: 2019-11-11 Tokyo moz dev roadshow
- Karl: 2019-11-13 Seoul moz dev roadshow
- Mike: 2019-09-27 -> 2019-10-02 View Source conf in Amsterdam