- 1 Minutes
- 1.1 Happy New Year (sergiu)
- 1.2 webcompat.com incident recap (miketaylr)
- 1.3 OKR Checkin (miketaylr)
- 1.4 Interventions Release Process Proposal / Draft (miketaylr)
- 1.5 FYI: Discussion about the WebCompat GoFaster addon and patches to mozilla-central happening on the list (denschub)
- 1.6 Two Minutes ( 👹 )
- 1.7 PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
Scribed by Thomas
Happy New Year (sergiu)
webcompat.com incident recap (miketaylr)
A brief overview of what happened and what's next.
- Mike: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h-9rqymkqPTBc6OZ_IiAz9w6on3mN6htDNdQZYwHYbA/edit# (non-public, sorry) Essentially, on Jan 2, GitHub shut down the webcompat-bot without letting us know. We hacked around it, then a couple of hours later, they disabled the webcompat repository. We asked what was up, 24 hours later they let us know it was because people were reporting illegal content to us, and we failed to moderate it in time. This has happened before, and they felt our response wasn't good enough, so they shut things down this time as their own response. The upshot is that right now, anonymous reporting is disabled. GitHub has not decided to simply shut us down permanently, however we have to figure out how to hide issues until they are triaged. Hopefully we don't have to deal with many of these, for our own sake (some of this stuff can be nasty). As we figure out what to do and fix it, we'll ask GitHub to unflag the webcompat-bot. We've already started auditing things (karl has). We also have to define a process for harmful content, and ensure that we follow it. The VP was not thrilled we failed to moderate some content, but we're not in trouble, we just have to do better. We're still brainstorming in https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/3124. Please check it out if you're interested in finding a technical solution here. We may make a private GitHub repo, moving stuff over to the public one as we can. Or we might use our own in-house type of thing instead while the issues are private, if that's feasible. If anyone has received any abuse over the downtime, let me know.
- Dennis: Reddit didn't seem to care, so that's.. good?
- Sergiu: can we get a screenshot form GitHub about this, so we can learn more?
- Mike: no, it's been deleted, as it had illegal content. If someone chose to sign up to get an email per issue, they might see something in there. We're going to discuss this over time as part of a learning process. It might not be apparent there is even a problem during triage, so we need to do some training/etc to learn to recognize these things and deal with them as needed.
- Oana: especially for illegal content.
- Mike: yes, the legal issues need to be considered, but "objectionable" stuff can be even trickier due to political disagreements.
- Tom: can we have a document with a list of issue numbers so we can be sure to delete them locally?
- Mike: we'll figure those details out we brainstorm. But for now, that's an overview of the situation.
OKR Checkin (miketaylr)
Interventions Release Process Proposal / Draft (miketaylr)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hyIv14aKDzGixuPz3rFHmVSXs-DlTFfJoleQxILwGws/edit ACTION ITEM: Mike to send an email to the list with a document with rotation assignments.
FYI: Discussion about the WebCompat GoFaster addon and patches to mozilla-central happening on the list (denschub)
If you do work on the addon, please check out the discussion. It's somewhat important and contains links to useful-to-know documentation!
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the last two weeks. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Cipri: PTO - winter holidays, family time, back to work: a little bit of triage
- Dennis: Vacation!
- Karl: went on PTO. my weeknotes for work.
- Kate: Doc for metrics-client, research for metrics-server,❤️❤️❤️ lots of restaurant holiday stuff.
- Ksenia: Holidays and some diagnosis
- Mike: PTO! Went to Oklahoma and Arkansas (yeehaw). Put out some fires.
- Oana: Happy New Year!!! Holiday (biking & hiking, ice skating), a little triage (I'm happy with the responses from the github users).
- Sergiu: Some triage, Holidays, watched the cookie crumble.
- Sonia: Prototype work, and spent time with family, and missing food :(
- Thomas: Rested. Also wrote a patch to make report site issue Fission-compatibile, now pending review.
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/
2020-03-16 to 2020-03-23: Dennis: Attending [GDC](https://gdconf.com/).