Scribed by Dennis
ETP issues and caching (SV)
Some sites are broken due to ETP (usually Strict), but after disabling and enabling it again, the issue no longer reproduces. E.g. https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/109139 (https://www.mpecopark.co.uk/)
- Workaround: clearing cache, the issue reproduces again with ETP - Strict. This probably needs some investigation on the ETP side, while changing states cache should be cleared.
- oana: Tom are you aware of this behavior?
- Tom: I don't know off the top of my head. Those bugs are possible. I haven't been able to find a specific cause we could fix. The only two bugs I know about are minor: when you first start up Firefox, there's a chance for shims/overrides not to be effective yet. [didn't catch a couple of seconds because my headset decided to turn off] Please file bugs if you notice those issues, so we can take a close look at it. Maybe we'll find a common cause, but it's hard to tell if this is actually related to caching, or some thing the site does.
- Oana: We have collected some issues collected already, and we'll continue collecting.
- Tom: A second issue we know is related to Cookie Consent Banners. They're frequently served from a third-party domain. Total Cookie Protection might block that, and we might run into weird states where the opt-in doesn't show up, or doesn't work properly, or doesn't close.
- Tom: If you notice anything where ETP is causing something to intermittently fail, ping me!