< Compatibility | Mobile
- Mobile Web Compatibility Meeting - 2014-09-23
- Minutes: Previous 2014-09-16
Meeting time (mike)
Do we want to reconsider the current meeting time? Check the current schedule for the different Time Zones and Daylight Saving Time End for 2014.
- USA Sunday, 2 November
- Europe Sunday, 26 October
- No DST in Japan, India, China
- Resolution: We might change the meeting after November 2, 2014. 16:00 EST on Wednesdays.
Q4 Goals (mike)
Recap of goals meeting Mike, Karl and Hallvord had. And the one Brad had with his teams.
- Mike: (describing the goals on the wiki). We need a way to be able to swap bugs in between webcompat.com and bugzilla for certain bugs. We also need to create materials, and it might be a good opportunity to do that during the work week. WebCompat summit would be a way to gather cross-browsers, big companies, major frameworks people to try to introduce Webcompat and discuss the common issues we have, and it could happen during the Q1 of 2015. We would like to improve our collaboration with teams inside Mozilla.
- Karl: Alexa, are you aware of the work week in December? Mozilla will be having a joint work week for the whole company--for each team but also for cross-coordination. I don't know if Volunteers are allowed to participate.
- Brad: They can. I'll send an invite to Alexa.
- Mike: We need to break these in steps we can more easily achieve. Something to do during the next week.
- Brad: We need some actionable ideas for the inter-Mozilla goal in the next week or two… or now. One thing might be to work with the DevTools team on tools that can help with diagnose.
- Hallvord: We had some dialogue, there is an open bug on showing invalid CSS.
- Brad: A pattern detector might be a more useful thing. A pattern of webkit prefixed css without the moz corresponding, for example.
- Karl: We have all filed issues on devtools, for example exporting HAR format. Pretty printing inline JS.
- Brad: Someone should be talking to dcamp so they can add it to their goal list.
- Mike: Maybe we could work with the devtools team in person during the work week.
- Brad: Simple bugs to fix in Devtools. You've all written tools for your own work. It would be good to have a little brainstorm session to see if any of these tools might be useful to live in devtools.
Webcompat.com + Github (mike)
A summary of the discussions I've had with GitHub around us abusing their TOS. Need to make a few changes in our codebase (mostly add rate limit logging) and report back to them our current usage and projected growth. Also report on what happened to the missing webcompat issues (they're back now).
- Mike: I was running functional tests. tests were failing with 404 but the code was fine. We had been banned by github. We emailed support and they revive our repo, but they didn't think all the bots were a good idea. So they finally authorized us to have ONE bot. If you delete the users on github, the issues are going away. All the issues are back since they unbanned. We are now tracking our rate limit. We are hitting the limit when we are unauthenticated. We are in the clear _now_.
- Karl: I was thinking you could record all the data in our own database, acting like a cache of the issues. Instead of hitting GitHub, you could hit it only if it's not in the DB. This could mitigate.
- Mike: Karl and I started a discussion about caching and our document DB. We should store on our own for a local backup. We have to be ready to be banned again.
- Brad: That was one of the motivations for Mozilla to not depend only on Github.
- Karl: The last couple of weeks I've been looking more closely at the code in webcompat.com. Mike is doing amazing work.
- Mike: Thanks Alexa for doing the work on interactions, partly with Invision. Really neat.
- closed 104 Desktop issues, 7 Mobile issues
- opened 4, Desktop issues, 5 Mobile issues
- Started a discussion about our future plans for 2015, and quarter goals in 2014.
- We had a temporary issues with GitHub which closed all the Webcompat repos for a couple of hours, but came back on after we contacted them. We have to think about our future strategy.
Broken Voices of the Web
- 2014-09-22 - Last week in Blink intents
- 2014-09-22 - Intent to Implement: Speech Recognition with WebRTC
- 2014-09-22 - How Wilto got his <picture> element spec writing wings: the hidden logs
- 2014-09-20 - 14 new features added
- 2014-09-18 - Intent to Ship: Web Application Manifest
- 2014-09-17 - Intent to ship: ES6 generator functions (V8)
- 2014-09-16 - Intent to ship: CSS Filters
- 2014-09-16 - Last week in Blink intents
- 2014-09-15 - Intent to Implement and Ship: new FormData methods
Web Compatibility Progress
FIXED (no DUPLICATE)
- 2014-09-15 Desktop FF 3.6 does not allow access to Bing 3D facility. WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Blocking .google-analytics.com prevents me from using some SSL sites INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop vanguardschool.org - Z-Index Rendering Issue with Two Objects (DotNetNuke feeds IE-specific code to Firefox after document.readyState implementation) INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop The image at the base of this abstract (and several others I have checked) does not display, but does in IE WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop "Submission type" form missing at www.utc.com contact site INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop renault.co.uk - Website display is fragmented, partial images flick on and off in Gecko browsers without "Firefox" in the UA WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Website does not work with Firefox FIXED
- 2014-09-15 Desktop gray overlay blocks content after switching seats in extra legroom section on JetBlue seat reservation WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop deezer.com - search field does not work unless UA string contains "Firefox" FIXED
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Nike Running / Nike+ website unusable in FF 3.6 / trunk INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Facebook landing page background looks bad in Fennec or in narrow browser windows WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop bassresource.com - drop down menu won't go away WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop bellaliant.net: Sniffs for "Firefox", Not for "Gecko" INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop zynga.com - Mafia Wars Toolbar sniffs for "Firefox" instead of "Gecko" WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop mercermuseum.org - does not show images correctly INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Clicking on a radio button doesn't fill in the deatils and the submit won't submit the right data INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop mappoint.msn.com: Sniffing for Firefox, not for Gecko INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop github search box looks bad WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Videos on hulu.com will not load using B2, but load on trunk WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop www.suffolk.va.us/rea/ - Real estate assessment page does not link to map. WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop appstorehq.com - sniffs for "pre" and refuses to load if present INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop scribd.com website stops loading data or stops rendering data if "firefox" is not present in UA string WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop XML parsing error on www.mirage.com for nightly builds WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Firefox 4 Beta users cannot see the updated layout for Orkut INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop (HTML5) parser regression - Joystiq posts with videos cause rest of page content to vanish WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop massport.com - Serves invalid XML unless "Firefox" is present in UA string WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Verisign OCSP responder says "unauthorized request" for apparently valid SSL server cert INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Google maps route markers are flashy WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Printing a message in Hotmail only prints the first page (mail.live.com) WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop dropdown and radio buttons not fuctioning in iframe WONTFIX
- 2014-09-15 Desktop http://eu.wowarmory.com fails to load scripted tooltips for items INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop "Email a Friend" window pops up when I click Flash Player on www.springfieldnewssun.com WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Fonts from fonts.com seem to be broken in Firefox 4 FIXED
- 2014-09-15 Desktop NetFlix.com - Pull-Down Menu element in rendered page too large, obscures adjacent column when font sized increased FIXED
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Bing map doesn't load on realtor.ca (caused by bug 591981) FIXED
- 2014-09-15 Desktop toggler.id is undefined INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop E-mail contained in a re-sizable table cell when editing a draft in Yahoo Mail classic (mail.yahoo.com) INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop (QAC generated) troweprice.com page text super imposes midway down the page WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop xkcd doesn't display menu and heading text correctly WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop travelchannel.com: Ad banner loads in place of sweepstakes form FIXED
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Login button on Constant Contact is not functional (constantcontact.com) WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop climateprogress.org - background image is incorrectly repeated FIXED
- 2014-09-15 Desktop photopost.com - On Mouse over, Photo Goes Blank INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Desktop radioparadise.com: "Now playing" list not working due to HTML5-incompliant innerHTML expectations WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Lotus iNotes 8.5.2 / Domino Web Access (DWA) do not work after updating to Firefox 4; now that support for remote XUL is turned off by default FIXED
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Line-through is not displayed for completed items in Atlassian JIRA FIXED
- 2014-09-15 Desktop Facebook's new message text box doesn't set the message box's height properly when pressing Enter in an empty message box WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Desktop www.borders.com - CSS for print media uses display:none on almost all elements, resulting in a nearly blank printout INVALID
- 2014-09-15 Mobile BBC shows desktop version on Firefox for Android WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-15 Mobile Geolocation slowness/problems with nextbus.com WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-16 Mobile ingbank.pl doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile FIXED
- 2014-09-16 Mobile antena3.com doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile INVALID
- 2014-09-16 Mobile univision.com doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile FIXED
- 2014-09-17 Desktop Invalid OCSP signing certificate in OCSP response. (Error code: sec_error_ocsp_invalid_signing_cert) at https://www.fanfiction.net/ WORKSFORME
- 2014-09-17 Desktop buzzmachine.com + all default & Kubrick based WordPress themes -