Contribute/Combined Working Group/Meetings/2014-09-25
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99645
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99645
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99645
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99645
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99645
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99645
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99645
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99645
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99645
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99645
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- IRC: #cbt (webchat)
- Roland Tanglao (User Success fka SUMO. I work on SUMO Open Badges, Android and Thunderbird)
- Lizz Noonan (@lizznoonan, lmn)
- Akshay Tiwari (@at_was_here)
- Dino (Diversity and OD Lead, @dino)
- Larissa (Pathays lead, contributor development, CBT team @lshapiro)
- Janet Swisher (DevRel)
- Brian - community engagement - @brianking - kinger (IRC)
- Raghuram (@imkraghu)
- Christie (CBT, @christi3k, ckoehler on IRC)
Agenda / Notes
We'll take live notes on etherpad: https://cbt.etherpad.mozilla.org/epr-2014-09-25
Working Group Updates
High-level, brief updates from each of the three working groups.
- Education (Christie): Main focus right now is coordinating with Caneel on Mozilla Learning Center work so we can identify where this work overlaps with our roadmap.
- Pathways (Larissa): The Guides program is moving forward, and Emma Irwin has joined the CBT staff part time to work on this and other projects - we are thrilled. We are working toward a narrowly scoped v1 guides program to come out at the same time as the Get Involved v1 redesign in mid-October. Emma will hopefully join toward the end of today to share, her work is at: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/guides-sop Other projects remain in same state as at our last meeting. (unless someone else has an update!)
- Recognition (Michelle): No update this week. Michelle has been on PTO and is doing TRIBE this week.
Needs / Blockers
If there is anything you need help with in order to make progress on your projects, note it here. If you are stuck on anything, let us know how you are stuck so we can help!
- Lyre, Open Coalition has monthly open meetings, mozfest was very much the main topic of discussion, projects align with education working group, how can we coordinate efforts?
- idea: on-boarding members of open coalition into CBT somehow, who's who, where documentation is, connected to relevant bugzilla bugs
- idea: cross-pollinate documentation
- list as a partner on /Contribute
- Most recent Open Coalition call: http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/Open_Coalition_call_22September
- Dino, How best to work with professional dev programs like LEAD, TRIBE, D&I, and those that will be launched in the Learning Center (esp. re: on-boarding and life cycle of contributors paid&volunteers)
- Learning needs audit (Christie):
- Preliminary results: https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/presentation/d/1mQmPHSiOawlEulRuNlMGdLFTM8N23XnUbuddkcu_ig0/edit#slide=id.p
- Take the survey: http://bit.ly/mlc-needs-survey
- Comment on proposal: http://bit.ly/mlc-proposal
- Add feedback and ideas here: https://mlc.etherpad.mozilla.org/feedback-on-mlc-proposal-20140916
- Help us read open ended survey responses (just add your name to the bottom of this: https://mlc.etherpad.mozilla.org/feedback-on-mlc-proposal-20140916
- Is there a place where we can see all the Contribution Challenges that people are working on?
- yes! https://wiki.mozilla.org/Contribute/Contribution_Challenges
- and, if you have a contribution challenge in Google docs, please move it to wiki!
- Awesome, thanks Christie. Glad to see this is up and running.
- Guides project update (Emma)
None this week.
None this week.
None this week.
Action Items / Next Steps
- ckoehler: edit and post meeting notes
- lyre + ckoehler: work together to bring in open coalition