DevTools/Creating Good First Bugs
Getting started working on a first bug is hard. This guide is meant to provide a short list of steps to provide the necessary information to complete a bug. New contributors can easily get overwhelmed and frustrated with making an easy fix, as the DevTools environment can be complicated.
- Explain the problem in depth and provide the steps to reproduce.
- List files and lines of code that may need to be modified. Ideally provide a patch for getting started.
- Include link to Simple Firefox Build: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Simple_Firefox_build
- Add the keyword
Automatically post a patch to a gist
- Install a gist-cli:
npm install -g gist-cli
- In your bash profile add:
alias gist-patch="git diff | gist -o -t patch"
alias gist-patch="hg diff | gist -o -t patch"
- Then go to a clean repo, modify the files, and run the command