Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Looking to wrap up the interviewing and hiring process in the next month.
- Please provide recommendations for ViewSource speakers
- Please skim the DevRel wiki page and make sure it's up to date: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Devrel
- We should probably set some team-wide priorities for technologies we're evangelizing. Ideas:
- Firefox Dev Edition/Devtools
- Firefox OS - which part? developing for, or developing of?
- Platform APIs - let's pick a few top ones
- Games (mobile or desktop, both?) this is desktop mainly
- Moz VR - with hardware or cardboard? publishing content or
- Research Projects - which, and why?
- Things missing
- performance (mobile, esp)
- mobile web dev, hybrid even?
- regular web dev needs
- We'll discuss those topics at the end of the meeting.
- Jason is out of the office Tuesday through Thursday this week
- Revised Pointer api doc
- Hacks editing for latest ES6 post
- Working on Servo examples
- RTL/Arabic scope of work
- Working with Chris and Andre for Games Zone restructuring
- Working with Plugins team to build Evangelism Plan
- Last week was mostly OTSConf prep
- Finished prototype of pong game using phone proximity sensors to move the paddle
- Talk is starting to look organized
- All travel and lodging is done
- Interview prep for a candidate
- Submitted proposals to JSConf Colombia (topics: FxOS, Rust, and WebAssembly)
- Went briefly down the Windows 10 rabbit hole
- Gradients post with mtaylor - got draft further along, but we’re not done yet :(
- candidate interview
- FxOS flames-for-contributors push: got em to philippines community, france community, webusb contributor, games contributors, and more by the end of the week
- WoT plan review and deck editing with MozJP
- Met with Sandra to build out next steps of events calendar and Asia devrel
- First stab at Asia devrel tracking - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n4cRt7OjkbFGWV2APm-kona5j1H1IUQ5-StNDZZDsk0/edit#gid=0
- Collected the core set of MDN Gaia contribution docs and asked dev-gaia to review
- Down the f******* rabbit hole: Asked Gaia to review the contributor docs (above) which brought up that the contribute form doesn’t link to them - ok, let’s fix that… only to find that the contribute form now offers people a choice of donating money or attending a meeting… and nothing else. So let’s fix that too. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/tasks/?variation=2
- gaia pathway outline started - https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-pathway
- working with mdn on getting collapsible content areas added
- lots more work on developing, refining and implementing https://wiki.mozilla.org/FirefoxOS/Participation#Plan
- met with williamq about fxos participation - doing regular meetings w/ the larger group now
- worked on finding a way to reopen github issues for gaia https://etherpad.mozilla.org/reopen-github-issues
- out Friday on PTO
- Brutal feedback welcome, still work to be done.
- Platform Status Dashboard
- Firefox Stickers
- Shall I order a bunch myself, or send out an order link?
- Starting to collect info for Trainspotting 40
- Personal Blog
- I should have one :)
- Preparing demo-talk for September, good progress (will demo!)
- Also preparing talk on Web Components for Manchester. Building content kit while I'm on it: https://github.com/mozdevs/ck-web-components
- Interviewed more people
- Gave a ton ( A TON ) of suggestions for View Source
- devrel-needed bz keyword created
- add to devrel wiki
- monday meeting update
- First SIMD.js patches to gl-matrix
- building a hierarchical model builder for webVR
- met with Arcadio
- he's here to help us get demos built with $
- unified brand id
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
Firefox release logo stickers: many small orders or one big order?
Potch to do one large order (~10,000)
FxOS Status for Developers?
Still trying to decide on another round of developer-specific phones or focus on reusing existing hardware.