Defining the curriculum of a Master Degree on Free Software
- Contact: David Jacovkis [david at freeknowledge dot eu]
- Hosts: Free Knowledge Institute, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Libresoft
- Proposed 'space' or theme: ?
- Status: tentative
A group of distance and non-distance education universities are working to define a common curriculum for a Free Software Master Degree. Help us decide what should be included and what shouldn't!
What do you want to achieve? (goal)
- Discuss a common minimum curriculum for all participating institutions and interesting branches and tracks that can be completed with elective courses.
Who should come? How many? For how long? (audience)
- University staff interesting in setting up or collaborating with a master-level programme on Free Software.
- Anyone else interested in promoting FS in official curricula
• Any number of participants between 5 and 30
- The discussion/brainstorm can be limited to 2h.
What will they do when they get there? (activities)
- Share existing curricula and programmes in this area
- Discuss the minimum content and additional / elective tracks
What will you / they have at the end? (outputs)
- A curriculum for a full master degree on free software that can be re-organised and completed to fit different tracks on specific topics.
- A list of interested institutions, educators and learners who wish to continue working on these topics