The Ideas and Values of Web Craft
Outlining and exploring the overarching principles, standards, guidelines and associated best practices that inform and influence web professionals.
Using the active, opinion gathering, ice breaking session technique known as a [Spectogram Exercise], we'll explore issues around web standards and developer responsibilities.
- There should be significant monetary fines applied to websites which don't conform to web standards.
- Anyone producing sites and web applications has to be licensed.
- The Front-end web developer is the one person responsible for making web sites accessible.
What do you want to achieve?
- A better understanding of the issues involved with being a web developer working with web standards.
- A recognition of festival participants' viewpoints around web craft.
Who should come? How many? For how long?
People who care about the open web, web developers, web activists, web educators.
Space capacity (approx 35 people)