Mozilla Drumbeat Participation Overview
- Mozilla Drumbeat is keeping the web open
- Practical projects and local events that gather smart, creative people around big ideas to solve problems and build the open web.
- Public talking points at
- Project collaboration routes through
- Community mailing list is at
Mozilla Drumbeat Tagline
- Innovation on the open web. Powered by everybody.
- Everybody = the people formerly known as users.
- Open web = the free, participatory and decentralized part of the internet.
- Innovation = new ideas, practices and tech that move the web in the right direction.
- Drumbeat = the part of Mozilla where *everybody* is invited participate, innovate and shape open web technology
- Projects are the focal points in Drumbeat
- Goal is to engage new stakeholders in hands-on ways
- Propose one, adapt one or join an existing one
- Featured projects on www.drumbeat.org
- P2PU, WebMadeMovies, Universal Subtitles, and more
- Drumbeat.org serves as pipeline for identifying promising new projects
- Goal: Support platforms and tools that enhance the open web by allowing everyone to contribute
- Annual Festival, 3-5 November, Barcelona
- Learning, freedom and the web
- 300-500 people, highly interactive agenda format
- Arc of local participation
- Attend a Drumbeat gathering
- Talk about Drumbeat at other events
- Host a meet-up or other Drumbeat-themed social event
- Organize a half day or all-day event
- Event kit is being developed on the wiki
What can folks do to help?
- Spread the word about Drumbeat
- Projects, Local Events, Festival
- Help us find and recruit promising projects
- Create opportunities for broader participation in keeping the web open
- Help us identify local event organizers or partners
- We'll provide support, outreach and (limited :^) resources
- Participate in the Drumbeat community!
- Give us feedback about web site, community process, anything...