In the future we will likely move the Mozilla Education material to its own site at the domain education.mozilla.org, which may combine a wiki with other technologies. The education.mozilla.org domain is currently live and redirecting to the Education section of wiki.mozilla.org, so that (for example) the URL http://education.mozilla.org/Foo will redirect to the URL https://wiki.mozilla.org/Education/Foo automatically.)
To promote the education.mozilla.org site and help make this future move easier, please follow these recommended practices:
- Use a hierarchical structure when naming pages within the Mozilla Education section of wiki.mozilla.org. All names should be prefixed by "Education/", with additional section names included as needed and separated by slash characters (e.g., "Education/Events/Workshop").
- Do not put spaces, underscores, or other special characters in the names of pages, except for slash characters as noted above. Use CamelCase for page names with multiple words (e.g., "Education/OnlineCourses").
- Use lowercase with hyphens when naming uploaded files (e.g., "xul-programming-tutorial.pdf").
- When making links to Mozilla Education pages within the current wiki, use the standard wikilinks syntax. (For example, "[[Education/Events/Workshop|workshop]]" for a page describing an upcoming workshop.)
- When referencing Mozilla Education pages in email, blog posts, and other context, please use a URL referencing education.mozilla.org. (For example, http://education.mozilla.org/Events/Workshop for the same page used in the previous example.)