Mozilla Education Status Meeting - December 14, 2009
Teleconference System Info
- Monday, December 14, 2009 12:00 am EST, 9:00 PST, 1700 UTC (other time zones here).
- +1 650 903 0800 extension 92, conference # 7600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 extension 92, conference # 7600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (password 369), conference # 7600 (US/Canada Toll Free)
Pressing *1 will mute or unmute your line. If you're having trouble hearing other people, pressing *6 will make the conference louder to you (*4 makes it quieter). If other people are having trouble hearing you, pressing *9 will make you louder to everyone else (*7 reverses this).
During the call you can also join the #education channel. If you don't have an IRC client installed, you can use Mibbit to connect directly in your browser (enter a nickname and click Go). Whatever you type will be sent to the rest of the group in real time.
- Continue discussion of the Women & Mozilla project and possible joint activities with Mozilla Education.
- Delphine Lebédel
- Dave Humphrey
Update from Delphine regarding the Women and Mozilla program, followed by a brain-storming session on how Mozilla Education (univeristy + k12) can participate in, and support this program. During the call the idea of creating some educational materials/modules related to the open web, how to use it, how to build it, etc. was discussed. The idea of using Mozilla's people, and trying to show that this technology is built by real people (men and women, and from all over the world) in order to inspire students and teachers was presented. We agreed to do another call in the new year, and include Mark and Drumbeat people as well.