Engagement/Contributor Engagement/How to Host Community Call
1.) Create Agenda
- Create new Etherpad agenda. See example here. Be sure to update date.
- Send a notice asking for topics and partipicants to the following lists BEFORE EOD Monday:
- engagement team alias
2.) File IT bug
- Request IT support for Air Mozilla.
- Ideally, testing and setup happens 15 minutes before the call with IT support.
- File bug here.
3.) Create slides
- Create slides based on previous week's HTMLpad. See example: http://htmlpad.org/engagement-call-may11/#
- To create a new one, add the extension you want to the url: http://htmlpad.org/engagement-call-_____ Then add "/edit" to create the new slide set.
- Tip: Copy and paste the previous set of slides to maintain the template.
- Add your slides, update agenda and placeholders for other topics.
4.) Promote the Meeting
- Send out a notice of the meeting's logistical information (IRC Channel, Phone Number, link to the Slides, topics) to the following lists by Tuesday:
- Comunidad Mozilla: Spanish responses highly appreciated, but always happy to hear from other regions.
- European Active Community Members
- Balkans list: Lurkers and supporters welcome.
- Milis Mozilla Bahasa Indonesia Indonesian community
- community-philippines-- Philippine Mozilla community list
- community-india-- India Community List
- Engagement team alias
- Update the topic on IRC with the new slides and feel free to tweet and blog about them.
5.) Host the Call!
- Please arrive at 9:45 a.m. PDT to ensure that Air Mozilla works. (Tip: have remote Mozillians view and test the stream quality)
- Dial into the call. See details here. (Tip: make sure the call is unmuted from our end)
- Conduct a roll call in the room, on the phone and then announce IRC participants.
- Take notes in the agenda etherpad and then send out to the marketing list when done!
- Ask IT to archive the video and send link to either Mary or William to add it to Air Mozilla's list of archived sessions.