Eudora 8 Feature Requests
Is there a support forum or another way for Eudora 8 users to ask questions?
Is there a way to import lots of old Eudora mail folders, the way I could do when I used to set up a new computer with one of the old Eudoras? If there is, where do I put them?
Functions of Eudora 188.8.131.52 that were removed from Eudora 8.0
1. In Eudora 7, when composing a new message, there is a “Return Receipt” button in the toolbar. This button is not in the toolbar nor is there an option to add it in Eudora 8.
2. In Eudora 7, when you delete a message whose Status is “Unread”, you get a warning message. There is no warning message or option to have one in Eudora 8.
3. In Eudora 7, (when composing a new message) after attaching an attachment the path of the attached file is shown. There is no path shown for attachments or an option to add the path in Eudora 8.
4. In Eudora 7, when composing a new message you are given the option to “Print Preview” while in the edit mode of composing the message. There is no “Print Preview” option or the ability to add it in Eudora 8.
5. In Eudora 7, when you print an email, it shows that there is an attachment. There is no indication that there is an attachment or the option to add one in Eudora 8.
6. In Eudora 7, when receiving emails with attachments, the attachments are automatically added to an attachment directory. You have to manual add attachments to an attachment directory for each individual email in Eudora 8.
7. In Eudora 7, when using the “Send Again” function, it automatically detects the names in the recipient fields and assigns them email addresses in you address book. In Eudora 8, it does not automatically assign addresses to these names in the recipient fields.
8. In Eudora 7, you can select multiple addresses in the header area in composing new messages and when viewing sent or received emails. In Eudora 8 you can only select one address at a time.
9. In Eudora 7, a copy of Return Receipts sent to recipients is saved to the outbox. When sending Return Receipts in Eudora 8, no copy of that Return Receipt is saved to any mailbox.
10. In Eudora 7, when composing a new message, if you change the Personality from one to another, it will remove the signature of the old Personality and replace it with the new one. In Eudora 8, when composing a new message, if you change the Identity from one to another, it does not remove the signature of the old Identity and you are left with the signature of the old Identity and the new one.
11. In Eudora 7, when you open a new message, the status is changed to “Read”. In Eudora 8, you only have the options to either changed status to “Read” upon display or not to have it changed at all.