Session Proposal: One and Done
- Title of session: One and Done
- Your name and affiliation: Mozilla QA
- Session format: Design Challenge
What will your session or activity allow people to make, learn or do?
The "One and Done" initiative, previously known as "QA Taskboard", is a workflow where Mozilla community contributors can pick tasks and work on them - one at a time, one day at a time - and feel good about doing them.
Participants will write the code needed to come up with a working Version 1.0 of this product.
How do you see that working?
- We will form small groups (about 3 to 5 people).
- Each group will be provided with a detailed prototype for each feature.
- Each group will code the feature, test it, critique it, and iterate.
How will you deal with 5, 15, 50 participants?
- With 5 participants: We'll form one group and all work together.
- with 15 participants: We can form 3 groups.
- With 50 participants: We can form 10 groups.
What do you see as outcomes after the festival?
Participants will contribute the source code of Version 1.0 of this product. We will provide these follow-up opportunities:
- Continue to develop the product and contribute your source code to Mozilla's code repository.
- Participate at future Mozilla community gatherings to develop the product further.
- Join our mailing list to stay in touch and share progress.