Items from Mozilla Summit
- Erik Jung movdev.org director to help with setup FWG
- Johnathan Nightingale donates Sean Martell's Fiery Firebug
- API for memory Julian Seward
- Finkle Electrolysis about a year away. Chrome multiprocess, not 4.0, prob. 4.1.
- Jetpack Myk M. Online builder. Jetpack library for Firebug?
- Jim Blandy jsdv2, new console + jsdv2.
Issues for 1.6
- Time for b1
- Blocks 1.6
- a17 this week, fix test bot
- b1 next week
- DONE up/down arrow when popup is displays
- DONE don't show global completion.
- DONE global completion control-space
- CSS3 background text? maybe placeholder text? FF4 only?
- TAB TAB to change focus
- clear the documentation text don't select it
- Accessibility Review
- Focus on editors wrt Escape key
- Restore focus on command line opening
- TAB key on completion ok
- Accessible to tab panel
- Concentrate on swarm
- New Prototype: Swarms
- store test results to CouchDB (honza)
- collect test list from extensions and run all
- Localization in 1.6?
- DONE All strings in properties, no DTD, fallback to english.
- DONE Script to move from DTD to properties
- Fallback to English on FF non-English locale. Honza to read file url
- First run page
- Branch and attack debugger.js/fbs to get a plan for refactoring work.
Daily testing for Firebug + Firefox
- Test Bot Page is UP!
- Bug 559466 Integrate firebug test suite with automated tests
- Triage Process
- Contact page, platform triage person?
- Bug 532445 run unit tests (daily?) with Firebug installed in testing profiles
1.6 on FF 4.0
- Bug 483672 regression: Security Manager vetoed action
- wrapper problem, already being worked on
- command line debug problem.
- Testing of backend: FBTest?
- Listener client/server
- Browser Tools Interface
- Socket startup and shutdown issues.
- Avoiding context transfer?
- Leave all model info on server side
- Client side has "presentation model" (cache of info needed for panels)
- Accelerated 1.7 work to get Firebug for Fennec
- Honza and Mike: Firebug to Firebug via CrossFire
- TODO: Reverse relationship between TabWatcher and Firebug
- TODO: Command line flags to init firebug from crossfile (module vs panels)
- Test case for re-attach
- components -> modules
- overlays unload
- destroy objects
Architecture Review underway
- DONE Changes for panel activation
- 1.6 Architecture
These items were not discussed in the call and remain for next time.
- Seems to be getting a plan.
- sidebar to panels list
- move more from getfirebug.com, easier to update on wiki
- Go to 1.6b1 with Firebug 1.6b1
- Recommend to Firefox team: version 1.6a10 for now + Firebug 1.6a10
- TODO Try to make referents value be object paths
- updated doc with new screenshots for a quick look
- per-object API
- harder than we thought: must pass objects into profiler to get ids, then get refs in id form
- See also jsd_GetJSDObjectForJSObject
- memory profiler IDs seem to be pointers to JSObject
- TODO : cannot get objects in closure
- Performance could still be a problem
- TODO: what sizes make sense for objects
- Reorg platform sub-directory binary dll
- another memory tool proposed
- parent pointer
CSS injection for inspector
- TODO ask radcliffe about canvas
- TODO user style sheets for CSS injection?
- Add swarm extension <your SVN>/extensions/swarm/branches/swarm1.5
- Load file://<your SVN>/extensions/swarm/branches/swarm1.5/swarms/basic.html into FBTest to see current status
- working on signature code