Current Progress Report
Activity Stream for Firefox is a collection of all the things you do in the browser that you care about displayed in a rich and meaningful way. We plan to show rich content with images from recent pages, screen shots, downloads, closing sessions, notifications, and improve your results in the awesome bar. Eventually we hope to be the central feed of the things you care about.
- Code: https://github.com/mozilla/activity-stream
- Issues: https://github.com/mozilla/activity-stream/issues
These Trello boards paint a very accurate picture of the various Activity Stream features and project progress:
- Product/UX Trello Board (Desktop): https://trello.com/b/KX3hV8XS/activity-stream
- Product/UX Trello Board (iOS MVP): https://trello.com/b/IDwOxfWP/activity-stream-mvp-ios
- Product/UX Trello Board (Android MVP): https://trello.com/b/8dWJHkim/activity-stream-mvp-android
- Product/UX Trello Board (Roadmap Mobile): https://trello.com/b/8LT9t6cs/mobile-activity-stream-roadmap
- Desktop MVP: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lCdgLbF4z758SVD90BCFhZaaMT50Pz0tR5D0yCIVtro/edit
- Original Desktop UX: https://mozilla.invisionapp.com/share/GA5RW90CW Mocks v1
- Analytics blog: http://emtwo.github.io/
Firefox Nightly ReleaseIn order to use this fast, but bare bones version of Activity Stream, start (or install) the latest Firefox Nightly (Firefox 55) and navigate to
about:configGo ahead and search for the configuration preference:
and change it's value to True
The developer release is updated each time code is committed to master in GitHub. This version is used to experiment and validate the core functionality of the product before integrating it into Firefox. Use this release to look into the future of the product, and to try out new Activity Stream experimental and 'in-development' features.
Note: The data being collected by the add-on is documented in the repo.
If you find a bug or have a suggestion, please submit it on GitHub:
- Help users reconnect with their favorite things from around the web
- Finish tasks across devices
- Give users more control of their activities in Firefox
- Define Firefox as the helpful user agent that’s looking out for you
- Test Pilot Graduation, MVP complete Q2 2017
- Pref'd on in Firefox Nightly Q2 2017
- Activity Stream completely ported to Firefox as a system add-on Q3 2017, ships pref'd off in Firefox 56
- Activity Stream to ship as default about:newtab and about:home in Firefox 57 Q4 2017
- Effective cross discipline teams solving problems across platforms
- Validation of key assumptions through metrics and user interviews
- Activity Stream in the hands of all our users
- Users have easy access to their favorite things in Firefox and therefore spend more time using it
|1||DONE||Vision||Define high level goals how Activity Stream fits into the Context Graph initiative||Chapman|
|2||DONE||Design and Planning||How do we ship Activity Stream on mobile and what infrastructure do we need to meet our objectives||Team|
|3a||WIP||Mobile MVP||Android and iOS browsers have basic functionality of Activity Stream enabled.||Stefan|
|3b||DONE||Desktop Engagement||Desktop has demonstrated user value in increasing median activity stream interactions by weekly cohort.||Tim|
|4||WIP||Enabling for all users||Activity Stream Desktop is landing in Firefox 57||Stefan/Tim|
|5||Product focused features||Full stack teams to deliver coherent features across all clients driving engagement in Firefox||Team|
Data & Metrics
Team - RACI
Product owner: Nick C., Barbara B. (Mobile)
Eng Leads: Tim S., Stefan A.
Program Management: Edwin W., Jenn C.
UX Leads: Aaron B., Amy L., Bryan B.
UR Lead: Gemma P.
Product Marketing: Mike H.
QA: Peter D., Aaron T., Kevin B.
Exec Sponsor: Mark Mayo/Nick Ngyuen
Slack: firefox-team.slack.com - please email to be added to group
- firstname.lastname@example.org *all* | [subscribe]
- email@example.com *paid-staff* | [subscribe]