Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Warp Core
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
Alex to discuss with Grace, Rob Strong and RelEng about utilizing Aurora/Beta firstrun/whatsnew pages (meeting incoming)
- John to come up with timeline for bug 729654 and bug 730095
Lukas to change the meeting template to match today's meeting
Discuss per-group queries in next channel meeting
- We are here in the schedule
- v2 of the Add-on hotfix re-released yesterday (2/29) after we think we resolved the issue in bug 729779
- Beta 5 will be released tomorrow (3/2)
- FF11 code freeze is also tomorrow (3/2)
- FF3.6.28 and ESR10 (?) go-to-build tomorrow (3/2)
- If we go to build with ESR10 tomorrow, it'll include XUL mobile builds
- Beta 6 go to build Monday (3/5)
- Sign-offs will be Wednesday (3/7)
- bug 715401 - Crash @ nsCanvasRenderingContext2DAzure::ClearRect with Yahoo Toolbar
- Tracking some blocklisting related issues...
- bug 722538 - graphics
- bug 715744 - babylon toolbar
- bug 711656 - fixed?
- bug 665775 - Blocklist Extensions and dlls to prevent datamngr.dll crashes
Status: Beta 5 on track for sign-off tomorrow morning
- QAWANTED bugs needing follow-up
|bug 726543 - Way too many addon updates check in Firefox 10.x||Unable to reproduce|
|bug 723444 - Angry Birds is running jerky||Jerkiness mostly gone -- related to bug 726396?|
|bug 718542 - Regression: printing leads to "force quit" condition||Reproducible back to 5.0.1|
|bug 715744 - DLL block request: BExternal.dll||What do you need?|
|bug 704765 - Crash in gfxASurface::Release() mainly at startup||Unable to reproduce|
|bug 656758 - Crash in nsUrlClassifierDBService::CheckClean @nsSocketInputStream::Read||Unable to reproduce|
|bug 637596 - Crash @mozalloc_abort(char const* const)||Unable to reproduce|
- bug 730095 Please prepare 3.6.13->10.0.2 MU snippets. Done.
- bug 729654 Update betas 4.0b7 through 9.0b6 to a 11.0bN with addon compatibility checks disabled. Scheduling.
- l10n milestones for ESR, beta6
- RelEng/Alex have discussed changing What's New and First Run visibility for Aurora/Beta (at Grace's request)
- Meeting needed to discuss options and timelines
- Update betas 4.0b7 through 9.0b6 to a 11.0bN
- Can we monitor 3.6.13 downtake next week and then file a bug for the next pocket of users once we verify we're making a dent?
- ESR: Any expected incoming security changes that we should hold going to build for ESR for?
- If so, we can discuss releasing a nightly as our "beta" to the EWG list
- We're still discussing how to change the channel meeting around - expect an update soon.
- Basic overview is that we want this meeting to focus on coordination, approvals, hot issues for release, and investigations that have gone cold
- We're discussing splitting out Security/QA/Firefox/Platform/JS/Other when doing bug triage as well
- FF11 Slowness, how to diagnose perf regressions in the future
- Also, can we change input in the short term to get better information on "slowness"?
- Bugs we're still driving to resolution for FF11:
- bug 716594 – OOM crash in nsNSSCertificate::Read
- bug 717521 – Moving the map in Bing Maps locks my X11
- bug 729817 – freezes and crashes @ nouveau_dri.so when on github
- Other concerning bugs
- bug 704765 – Crash in gfxASurface::Release() mainly at startup
- bug 715156 – JS code no longer work for select options as array in a Greasemonkey script (index and name setters don't really work via XrayWrapper)