Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Warp Core
- Vidyo Guest URL
No actions carried over.
- Mozilla-Inbound and Mozilla-Central are both Approval Required now to mitigate risk to Fennec Native 14. approval-mozilla-central should now be available for nominations. We plan to use the branch-triage list for the purposes of triaging (as opposed to in-person meetings).
- Major Update prompts (with security messaging) to FF11 from 3.6.13-28 will start tomorrow, but we've requested that updates start being staged on releasetest today for QA to start testing
- Testing of the add-on hotfix to communicate the FF13 de-support will occur no later than Thursday 4/19 with our FF12 beta audience (bug 741004)
- Beta 6 will be going to build this afternoon PT (if the backout in bug 734019 is verified to fix bug 745453)
- If given a go-to-build around 3PM PT (not urgent), can get builds kicked off, enabling us to still ship Beta 6 on Thursday?
- FF12 sign-offs tomorrow at 1PM PT in Warp Core
- Final build of FF12 and ESR10.0.4 will happen this coming Friday (4/20)
- Next merge day is 4/24
- Java plugin is blocked for Mac OS X 10.5 and older. The remaining block will happen after Firefox 12 is released.
- Investigating an Acrobat Mac issue - Acrobat@0xefeb63. Adobe pushed out a new version of Acrobat the other day.
- bug 745453 - crash in nsAString_internal::Finalize with Norton Confidential 2012.
- Jaclyn Fu on point for Fx 12 release starting Thursday 4/19 through 4/24.
A proposed rapid betas timeline (from the wiki page):
- Consider major pain points, begin scoping work.
- Complete scoping work (by Fri. 5/4?) including listing questions, answers, and bugs on the wiki page, begin implementation
- Communicate the plan to Mozilla community
- Move to Tuesday go, Wednesday ship? (see QA questions below)
- Any necessary in-product changes should land while FF15 is on m-c
- Complete implementation, begin process testing on Nightly/Aurora
- Week of 7/17
- Push out our first rapid beta while FF15 on mozilla-beta