Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am PDT, and Thursday at 2:00pm PDT
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- San Francisco Office: SFO-7I Independent (Tues), Noise Pop (Thurs)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 RelEng
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 Support
- 9 Thunderbird (Tue)
- 10 Metrics (Thu)
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Actions
- bajaj to add jorge to the security group
- Follow-up with on the meeting set-up for RC being beta candidates
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=909700 , jorge to follow-up on
- jorge to add the IID issue on the Add-on blog (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=907893)
- FF24.0b7 for Desktop has gone to build
- FF24.0b8 Desktop & Mobile planned to go to build on Monday.
- Wanted to call out that is a US & Canada holiday, but I will be around to submit the ship-it request.
- I don't think it will impact QA as the build are anyways availble by night. Please call out if this is misunderstood.
- Making sure we have releng coverage , any concerns?
- nthomas & european guys will be around still
Fennec 23.0.2: any timelines? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=909975
- bug#907957 (below) also impact Fennec23.0.x?
- Not impacted on Fx23 for android
- bug#907957 (below) also impact Fennec23.0.x?
- Bug 886329 - drop-down list in Jetpack add-on breaks entire UI in Aurora (23.0a2) is recently fixed. Can we reach out to impacted add-ons to get verification or request QA to try a couple of important one's.
- fyi,This is on my radar for uplift in the upcoming beta.
- the fix should hit tomorrow's m-c build. I'll check it there, then.[tracy]
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=854176 (across channels) still need QA repro action to hopefully reopen MS ticket for it.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=800347 is #2 but apparently devs don't know what could be going on. :(
- According to SoftVision QA, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=881634 (#7 in b5) is fixed on Nightly but not 24.0b6, we'll follow crash stats in case volume goes down, but it might very well not.
- No issues.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=890985 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=884047 are still topcrash regressions in 24.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=901426 seems to be #1 on 25 now.
I've added verification on a couple bugs that are going in for Fx24 Beta 7 but below are worth calling out.I've already added :tracy as QA contact where necessary so it is not missed.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=829227, will be coming-in itoday
** QA testing : https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=829222#c6
- Stub Installer was found to have been serving 24.0a2 2012-08-05 yesterday
- checking this is now part of QA Aurora migration sign-off
- thanks to anthony for preliminary testing in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=908134 - Figure out how to offer release build to beta users.
- given comment https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=908134#c21 I am very reluctant to attempt to get this in for the 24 cycle.
- Bug 907957 - On-demand decompression startup failure with Firefox on the HTC One X (Android 4.2.2)
- Bug 910378 - Nightly updates re-enabled following backout and confirmation of fix from profile issue
- Bug 910410 - Campaign announcement notices in correct languages should be fixed now
- At a workweek
- Any other concerns regarding beta's ?
TODO for bug 908134:
- confirm valid signing for Mac OS 10.8
- believe, need to verify linux not impacted
- confirm update beta9 -> rc candidate build -> beta1 of version.next
- dont want a beta user to be prevented from getting future betas
- can we throttle this (% of beta), limit risk ?
- for all locales (stay within locale for updates)
- handle the build#2 scenario
- confirm we have not endangered release users for MitM updates
- same for beta users
- does anything in automation check that buildid is going up incrementally?
- currently (on windows) they get a build that asks for updates on beta channel, and they are given beta mar but can't apply -- two settings: one for what channel, another for which updates are available but they don't match (in current testing)
- Need a staging release of 24.0 final and 25.0b1 with those changes (excludes)
- Comprehensive testing of updates between 24.0b9 and 24.0(staging) and 25.0b1(staging)
- updates-configuration files for beta/release (on releng) - will need to be added to the beta process automation
- load balancing and protection of the final RC from mirrors/CDN and yet making them available later when needed
- No build-specific throttling in Beta yet
- Get metrics for Beta ADi to keep an eye-on here for spikes when this executes
- For 24.0, we're not doing the double build, because postmortem confirmed no-one gets to use them, so not useful, so dont bother. If we hit problem, we agree to chemspill. This risk is with FF24, FF24esr, TB24, TB24esr.
- lsblakk to verify deadline for Fennec23.0.2 partner handoff.
- [DONE] confirmed with Mfinkle no deadline - likely go to build next week, still a non-urgent build
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=881634 bajaj to send an email to :mattwoodrow