Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am PDT, and Thursday at 2:00pm PDT
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- San Francisco Office: SFO-7I Independent (Tues), Noise Pop (Thurs)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- should we backout the biguard blocklist? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=927885
- we did just that in b10, since it was ineffective
- We went to build with our final beta and our RC yesterday
- landed changes for b10 are https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=890841%2C914034%2C914667%2C922921%2C925459%2C925538%2C929009%2C&list_id=8331010
- [twitter/tumblr issues resolved] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=914034 – After exiting browser, The process of Firefox stays for a extremely long time
- sign-off is Thursday
- feature review is on Friday
- merge is Monday
- b2g's platform will diverge on this day
- release is Tuesday
- Java blocks (see roundtable).
- bug 921171 (js::NukeCrossCompartmentWrappers) continues to be a concern
- bug 925459 (bitguard.dll) - decreasing in yesterday's data, but not because of our measures as it's still in 25.0b9
- bug 929009 (`anonymous namespace`::downmix_to_stereo) new concern since b8/b9 (also happening on Aurora), WASAPI disabled to fix it on 25b10
- been investigating https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/list?product=FennecAndroid&range_value=7&range_unit=days&signature=nsStandardURL%3A%3ABuildNormalizedSpec%28char+const%2A%29
- Crash rate for 25 will be up slightly over v24
- Crash stats for Aurora 26 missing after the 18th (overview only).
- No update
- on track to ship 25b10 by noon
- beta 10 sign off tomorrow
- Downtime Nov 16th
- All builds for 25rc ready. What's new for pl is set up as well https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=927975 [woot -akeybl]
Between Java and Twitter ... it's been a busy week.
Lots of issues with java, probably the worst user issues is pogo games but also apparently some bank(s) uses Java for secure logon and needing java for work.
Sentiment reports going out this week.
- 24.0 and up java blocklist - impact to ESR
- how can we tell whether this is whining or not? they have another 7 weeks to disable the plugin on their pages before being auto-updated from ESR17
- for clarity we pushed two different blocks, 7u25-44 and 7u45, people are mostly complaining about 7u45 (latest stable version) being blocked
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Site_Author_Guide_for_Click-To-Activate_Plugins is something we can reach out to broken sites
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-to-enable-java-if-its-been-blocked shows the UI
- How's Aurora 26 looking to everybody?