Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 QE
- 7 Performance (Thu)
- 8 QE
- 9 Performance
- 10 RelEng
- 11 Marketing/Communications
- 12 User Advocacy
- 13 Roundtable
- 14 Special Topics
- 15 Actions
lizzard, RyanVM, Ninu, elan, philipp, avaida, blassey, ritu, marcia, Florin, Andrei, calixte
- 49 RC2 built. fennec build on the way.
- Will still need RC3 unfortunately. twitter gif issue, android startup crash,
- SSE2 deprecation. Status? (Callek will own this and cross check Sun/Monday)
- No one assigned, CNN video issue - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1299776
- Not sure where we are with slow script issue. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1284511
- (Ritu) I haven't seen it on RC1, used to run into it pretty consistently earlier.
A Modest Dashboard Collection >^. .^<
more beta data: https://health.graphics/crashes/beta
e10s/non crash rate: https://telemetry.mozilla.org/crashes/office-dashboard.html
addons e10s crash rate (currently beta): https://sql.telemetry.mozilla.org/dashboard/stability-comparison-for-e10s-add-ons-experiment
with correlations: https://mozilla.github.io/stab-crashes/
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1255977#c27 moved up to Top Crash and we are currently seeking an owner
overall rate: 1.14 (browser: 1.0, content:0.14)
- crashing pattern of rc1 looks very good so far (intel-cpu specific crash spike gone, no unexpected major other crashers)
overall rate: 0.86 (browser: 0.76, content: 0.11)
- the overall crash rate is declining since more users were updated to 48 & have e10s enabled
- browser crashes -0.2: https://health.graphics/crashes
- overall rate -0.1: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/crash-report-tools/longtermgraph/?fxrel
- Fair number of shutdown hangs in the top 20 crashes, not all have been filed.
- New top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1301180. Valentin proceeding with backout
- Recent Uptime bugs filed: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2016Q3#2016-09-07_-_jchen
- New Fennec signature in beta 10/11/RC: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1301407
- [mobile] [Ninu] 49.0b11 signed off, no blocking issues
- [mobile] [Ninu] 49.0 RC build late today, sign off will be tomorrow
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [mobile] [Ninu] Play HLS video in an Android VideoView" feature is buggy but working for minimum requirements and functionality https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/Play_HLS
- [mobile] [Ninu] "Move recent tabs into history home panel" feature testing went smoothly, no blockers were found https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/Move_recent_tabs_into_history_home_panel
- Hotfix warning could use testing (for 49) Still unclear if it will affect 49. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1300523
- [Andrei] will keep an eye on How do we test this? once we're pushing to release-cdntest? Very last minute... - we'll follow up with Felipe, see if he has any tips
- (liz) SSE2 deprecation - Not sure I am clear what we expect to happen https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1284902
- [Andrei] As far as I can tell, https://bugzil.la/1284902#c25 confirmed the expected behavior - users without SSE2 support will not be updated to 49 and instead will have a learn more page available with a message stating just that.
- [desktop] [Andrei] 49.0-build2 signed off, no blocking issues.
- [desktop] [Andrei] 45.4.0esr-build1 validation in progress.
- [desktop] [Florin] Marcia raised the issue of getting regular up-to-date information on platform usage - any easy way to get this? Used to get this from KaiRo (by request mostly) based on ADI numbers.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [desktop] [Andrei] Periodical WebRTC smoke testing on Fx50 to be completed by tomorrow morning -- see http://goo.gl/UBpkhM.
- [desktop] [Andrei] Fx50 pre-beta feature sign offs to be completed by tomorrow, eod.
- [desktop] [Andrei] Aurora 50 Testday this Friday, Sep 9th -- see https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/testday-20160909.
- [marcia] Mac testing - which versions we test - smoketests, test runs. Should we look at telemetry to decide which mix of OS's to test?
- Follow up to an email thread
- [philipp] are we now also automatically producing sha-1 signed release builds that we offer xp, vista users on the download page?
- We are producing them on every beta -- and we'll be producing them on release as of this cycle. :rail is on point for that work \o/
- [callek] (**please read for me**) Do we have any decision on go/no-go for tuesday yet. If no decision, when is our go/no-go decesion (to hold the merge-day work)
** tl;dr I found I have to be PTO monday, so if merge-day is monday :jlund will cover,.