< Firefox | Planning(Redirected from Firefox/DeliveryMeetings/2009-10-07)
« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Firefox Releases
Firefox 3.0.15 / Firefox 3.5.4
- builds made, on track for October 21 release
- likely going to beta earlier than normal with 3.5.4
Firefox 3.0.14 -> 3.5.3 Major Update Offer
- we delayed this, possibly until the next minor update is published
- the concern is that there are several plugins known to crash with Firefox 3.5, and we want to work with those vendors to fix those issues before doing another round of upgrades
- 28 P1 blockers left before beta
- only 7 are OPEN on mozilla-central or tracemonkey (rest are FIXED or resolved on mozilla-central or tracemonkey)
- revised beta 1 schedule
- October 7th, 11:59pm PDT: Code freeze on mozilla-1.9.2, all P1 blockers landed
- October 8th: Beta 1 build 1 stared (assuming trees are green)
- October 9th to 15th: QA testing
- October 15th, 5pm PDT: Beta 1 launched
- beta 4 shipped yesterday - yay! check out the release notes
- beta 5 scheduled for next 3-4 weeks
- Top issues in the last few days are both resolved!
- Users confused by antivirus warnings from AVG (Thanks Tomcat!) bug 520895
- Facebook doing constant redirects and not letting users log in (fixed by Facebook). bug 519834
as always, you can read the development meeting notes as well, but here are the big items:
- plugin update referrals landed on branch and trunk
- work to reduce Places overhead landed on branch and trunk
- about:memory (see bug 515354) is approved to land on branch
- personas now works with www.getpersonas.com
- landed a huge QCMS perf win from Steve Snyder in bug 512865 (trunk only)
- got a big Mac Ts win from deferred font initialization in bug 517045
- Landed animation of CSS properties with SMIL/SVG Animation
- Landed doubly-linked frame lists
- WOFF landed for 3.6
- now building on Windows 7 SDK
- landed Aero Peek and other Windows 7 features, but they're causing a Ts regression so need to investigate and might back them out
- 48/49 locales opted in, from 53 non-missing locales, still need to land shipped-locales and l10n-changesets
- more issues than expected with differences on search and region.properties.
- Fx3.6 QA - testplans, bugs, staffing up for release work
- Beta 1 Testplan
- See 3.6 Testplan section for overall Feature % completion.
- Calling for Windows 7 and Vista nightly testers to dogfood builds now generated against Windows 7 SDK. See QMO blog post
- Fennec (cross posting from mobile meeting notes)
- successful [testday] last Friday
- 30 bugs filed, 114 bugs verified
- working on windows mobile/ce automation (Big thanks to clint, joel, and blassey for their creative and hard work)
- test-agent via ip that blassey wrote
- initial runs of mochitest and xpcshell
- dougt - found 4 causes of chrome mochitest failures. Most due to preferences/css changes fennec has (or assumption on tests of how firefox does things).
- dougt - will look at content failures endofweek / next week.
- successful [testday] last Friday
- Newer Mobinnova OS image delivered and installed
- 1 blocking issue: bug 518408 - need update snippets offered
- This week: mochitests on mobinnova, followed by reftests
- fennec->firefox rename: project name is still fennec, yes?
- super fast turnaround from "go" to "builds with QA"
- FF3.0.15 in ~16 hours
- FF3.5.4 in ~12 hours
- Add-on compatibility with 3.6 at about 50%, hope to get that up to 90% by release
- Extend Firefox just ended, 64 entries to judge
- Starting to see some use of Build your own browser. Moving forward, will be looking at adding customizations, and are actively looking for feedback via BYOB's contact page.
- Would like to consider re-introduction of unbranded builds based on release code for use by groups who currently modify installers to remove brands prior to distribution (there's a lot). Requires broader discussion on impacts, but wanted to give folks a heads-up that requests to RelEng and others will be coming.
- Docs are underway.
- Plans are here, coming together: https://intranet.mozilla.org/Firefox3.6/Marketing#3.6_for_Developers
- Initial changes for under the hood done with Alix
- Have a rough list of things to highlight vs. things that aren't that important
- Plugin page launch planning underway with teams
- WOFF launch planning underway
- File API discussion underway
- Plugin page is in the process of being QA-ed. Planning on releasing page on the 13th.
- Synchronized blog posts for QA, Evangelism, Security, Marketing, WebDev (and anyone else who wants to participate).
- Latest page:https://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/#
- Need help collecting information about common plugins. Help us build up the database of known information here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGpKQkNuNkNQNjF4RW1FT08yRHRqMWc6MA
- Firefox 3.6 website plan is up and we're working away: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3.6/WebsitePlan#Mozilla.com_Pages
- Five Years of Firefox Project for November 9th :https://intranet.mozilla.org/Marketing/5Years
- a word on these notes, from the fine folks at MozEU'09 [beltzner]