- Mozilla has heavily invested in the upcoming releases of Firefox, particularly Firefox 57, to gain market share and re-assert itself as a major player in the browser field. Many features of Firefox will suffer radical transformation.
- To ensure that the 57 release is as successful as possible, we propose creating a new program that encourages Mozillians to participate in early-stage testing of user-facing and/or regression-prone features using Nightly. This program, affectionately named Foxfooding: Warp Speed Ahead, is centered around the premise that Mozillians are passionate about contributing to a great Firefox product and are invested in making Firefox 57 successful. It is also our belief that involvement in early-stage testing will familiarize Mozillians with new features and will help us become better advocates for users.
- Encouraging Mozillians to test new features landing in Nightly and file bugs.
Switch to Nightly
- Firefox 57 is our best opportunity in years to prove that Firefox is still modern and relevant, and we need your help to make it a success.
- The best way you can help is to switch to Firefox Nightly today.
- Download Firefox Nightly at https://nightly.mozilla.org
- Hang out with us on Slack #nightly-newbies and IRC #nightly
The testing effort we wanna engage For Firefox 57, will start in the middle of August (one week after 57 hits the Nightly channel) to the end of October.
|5||Page Actions Menu|
- Features Test Plans list: