Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Firefox Releases
Firefox 3.0.14 / Firefox 3.5.3
- targeting early/mid September release
- proposed schedule on the wiki
Firefox 3.0.13 -> 3.5.2 Major Update Offer
- happened last Thursday
- not a good indication of uptake yet
- working on numbers
- 13,000 active daily users on Firefox 3.6 Alpha 1
- next milestone (schedule tbd) is going to be a beta
- need to determine what the localization effort is going to be
- need to get out ahead of add-on compatibility issues
- future Firefox 3.6 and Fennec milestones will be built from the mozilla-1.9.2 branch
- Fennec 1.0 Beta 3 for Maemo will be out today or tomorrow
- built off of mozilla-1.9.2
- includes tilecache work for great scrolling wins!
- Weekly Meeting Notes
- Not actually a huge increase in traffic for 3.5
- Increase in lost bookmarks as result of update, we've been asking people to restore.
- Yahoo toolbar blocking right click still but there are reports that the latest version from toolbars.yahoo.com works but checking for updates doesn't give that version. bug 462475
- New report of Kaspersky 2010 affecting downloads/video streaming (investigating, will update later today.)
- looking at ideas on how to help users update old plugins in Firefox 3.6
- started work on preparing to integrate personas for Firefox 3.6
- also need some Evangelism help on proposed DOM events for multitouch
- improvements to scrolling landed for Firefox 3.6
- looking into Twitter issue bug 510985 that is hitting some Firefox 3.5 users
- lots of work on startup performance
(for more information, see the developers' meeting notes from yesterday)
- Nightly update channel up on central
- uptake on 1.9.2 still slow
- l10n.mk regressions fixed on central, needed on 1.9.2 (bug 489313
- dashboards switched to right version numbers
- moving fennec primary to l10n-mozilla-1.9.2?
- string freezes on 1.9.2?
- about 60 strings changed in /browser and /toolkit between mozilla-1.9.1 and mozilla-1.9.2
- however, not all l10n repos are in a consistent state, as the mozilla-1.9.2 l10n repos were cloned from mozilla-central
- could try a straight merge from mozilla-1.9.1 strings over on top of mozilla-1.9.2 strings, but that might destroy work in mozilla-1.9.2 that had been carried over from mozilla-central
- /mobile-browser shouldn't have that many new strings; mostly preferences and bookmarks UI
- /browser might need new string polish, work for personas and plugin updating
- /mobile-browser needs a few more strings and will be hosting its start page locally
- 3.6 QA
- Continued testing of builds. Installed nightly Win CE builds yesterday on Oban device.
- Mobinnova devices are still in operable so no testing has been done on them.
- Completed some bug verifications
- Sent out Litmus test suite link to the Nvidia team for review and comments (https://litmus.mozilla.org/run_tests.cgi?test_run_id=44)
- Bi-weekly meeting with Nvidia team set for tomorrow
- Working on beta3 release for Maemo
- Testday this Friday, Aug 21
- mozilla-192 branch
- TB18.104.22.168 tomorrow, Feneec1.0b3 today
- Funnelcake 9, FF3.6a1, FF3.0.13 (with refreshed MU), FF3.5.2, enabled MU for idle-background notification
- l10n nightly updates on m-c
- axel waiting for approval on bug 489313 before we can enable on mozilla-192
- MU last Thurs;
- before prompted-MU FF3.5: 20%, FF3.0: 74%, FF2: 6.5%
- today FF3.5: 30%, FF3.0: 63%, FF2: 6.5%
- assuming that FF3.0.14/FF3.5.3/MU will be *unprompted* MU only, correct?
- reworking n810s to deal with load
- 3.6 docs are underway.
- Making progress on plugins page (from marketing)
- Starting on short-term update videos this week
- Continuing with with Open Video Alliance folks for driving theora adoption
- Phase 1 of the Plugins Updater project (a page to educate our users about plugins while also detecting which plugins they have are out of date) is under way.
- Has become part of Morgamic and Slater's mozilla.com optimization sprints. Plan is to have the page live for end of Q3. Read more here: Website/Sprints/PluginProblem#Plug-In_Problem
- Working on more Mozilla.com optimization projects
- Update education page to help educate users about the importance of regular updates and how to update their Firefox. Will be linked to from the personal.html, upgrade.html, and First Run page. (Project as a response to KKovash's findings on the uninstall survey).
- Content updates in progress for 3.5.3 What's New page
- Working with Sam & Beltzner on improving first run/what's new flow for beta testers