Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Product Releases
January 27 - February 3 2010
Jan 29th: Mobile Firefox 1.0 for Maemo RC3
- qa has completed release test cycle
Jan 29th: Weave 1.0
- in tandem with Fennec RC
- aiming for mid February release
- code freeze is taking longer than expected
- will advise as soon as builds are being spun up
Lorentz (OOPP on mozilla-1.9.2)
- out of process plugins is being stabilized on mozilla-central
- the project branch is ready for checkins and building nightlies
- once stable on trunk, we'll begin the mozilla-1.9.2 backport using this project branch
- currently evaluating the bugs that missed the release candidate but are safe and simple
- a couple of high priority fixes
- would be nice if we can synchronize schedules with Firefox 3.0.18 / Firefox 3.5.8
Gecko 1.9.3 Alpha
- triage is ongoing, about 18 blockers but a large number of untriaged nominations
- hope to get to this milestone in mid-to-late February
Mobile Firefox WinMo Alpha 4
- targeting sometime in the early part of the month
- Weave Sync 1.0 targeting GA on Thursday (aka The Day After The iPad), aligned with Fennec.
- Jetpack 0.8 (new Toolbar and Places APIs, last release on prototype architecture): RC this week, final release next week
- common issues
- Hooray 3.6! This definitely felt like a much smoother release. Thanks everyone for helping out.
- Here's a run-down of the main 3.6 issues:
- Mafia wars & other Facebook apps doesn't work. Issue will be fixed by Facebook soon. bug 536900
- Missing/lost bookmarks after upgrading and can't restore bookmarks.
- This was due to the Torbutton extension. We've marked the bad version and it seems to have gone down in number from the first day.  . Thanks to Jorge for getting this fixed.
- Having > 2 startup tabs set as homepage leads to only 2 showing.
- This is a bug in the Tab Mix Plus extension that will be fixed in an upcoming TMP release. 
- Open in New Tab not working (opens tab with URL but doesn't load it):  but may be theme related per 
- A lot of causes of scrolling not working.
- Extensions: Norton, AVG, Roboform password manager.
- A couple UI changes caught users off guard
- Look at all the awesome that's happening!
- Flash is now disabled by default
- Projects for the next version of mobile firefox can be found [here]
- More details available in the platform meeting notes.
skip, unless there are questions?
- 3.6 is out
- Last Friday's test day results - Website Compatibility
- Planning on a multi-process plugins test day. Details to come - bsmedberg
- Fennec - RC3 signed off
- QA on 3.6rc2 wince builds and updates?
- Which branches need regular wince builds / l10n? Currently doing them on mozilla-central, mozilla-1.9.2 and lorentz. How about releases?
- notify / unthrottling Major Update FF3.5->FF3.6?
- decision about major update from FF3.0->FF3.6?
- xulrunner 1.9.0 EOL in dev.planning this morning.
- Firefox 3.6 compatibility at 89%
- Personas very popular since launch and helping theme popularity as well
- Posted last week about AMO's category popularity
- AMO 5.6 release Tuesday
- Due to a bug with add-on submissions, some add-ons aren't in the review queue that should be. How to tell if you're affected
- blog post on Contributions sources
- YSlow 2.0.5 (3.6 compatible) caused crashes on Windows and Mac. 2.0.6 fixes Windows crash, but Mac crashes caused by separate issue.
- Working with people on post-3.6 features.
- Sheppy has new post-3.6 page up that we can sync to version releases: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Upcoming_Firefox_features_for_developers
- 3.6 release stuff:
- launch on mozilla.com went really smoothly thanks to the work of IT, WebDev & QA
- seeing good increase in Personas usage, Twitter followers & Facebook fans thanks to improved First Run page (more stats to follow)
- next steps: working on 2010 roadmap for ways we can continue to optimize our sites. Will share details soon.
- Plugin Check page
- Was getting an average of 40K views per day.
- After launch, seeing an average of 90K pv/ day
- Pike would love feedback on his "purpose of nightlies" thread.
- OOPP just got turned on by default in mozilla-central (bsmedberg to blog shortly). We will need lots of testing, so please use mozilla-central nightlies of Firefox, see nightly.mozilla.org for download links! (Windows/Linux, Mac doesn't have OOPP for this cycle).
- when will we advertise updates from FF3.5.7 -> FF3.6 to users?
- need to first evaluate data from release
- usually takes a week after release to gather data, then a few days to analyse
- hope to have decision made early next week, would like to be aggressive
- decision about offering major updates from FF3.0.17 -> FF3.6
- premature to discuss this until QA has completed their checks
- if it checks out OK, should make the update available (but not advertised)
- decision to advertise will be made as per above
- discussion about End-of-life for FF3.0.x
- our policy is that there's a minimum of 6 months support after n+1 version is out; it's only just been 6 months
- still working to migrate users to newer versions, no plans to end support yet
- before we do end support, we'll communicate broadly to the development community and to our users