From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.


  • actions from last week:
  • schedule and progress on upcoming releases
  • review highlights and notices
  • respond to questions and concerns

Action Items

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 4 Beta

  • work on beta 7 continues, hoping to be able to go to builds early next week
  • we've re-opened the mozilla-central tree to unblock work on beta 8

Firefox Branches

  • 3.6.10 advertised update went out last week, working well
  • Respun 3.6.11 for a regression yesterday
    • We have builds, QA is testing
    • Plan to go to beta when QA says we can
  • Final release (of both 3.6.11 and 3.5.14) pushed back to Tuesday 2010-10-19

Input 1.9

  • ETA: tomorrow
  • Features: Product differentiation on Themes and Sites, security stuff

Input 2.0

  • ETA: November 11th
  • Work started, but not a lot due to 1.9.1

Jetpack SDK 0.9

  • froze today, Wednesday, October 13 at 11am PT
  • [DONE]
    • distinguish between high/low-level modules
    • E10S compatible Context Menu and Private Browsing APIs
    • identify dependent modules by relative path
  • [MISSED] (all of which are mostly [DONE] )
    • pass all tests on Firefox 4 nightly builds (most failures [DONE] ; a few
      ; might fix remaining ones during freeze)
    • make high-level modules use EventEmitter event model (7/9 modules [DONE] , tabs and context-menu remain
    • E10S integration PoC (patch ready; landing blocked by test failures)
  • decided to drop explicit support for 3.6
  • [TODO]
    decide which 4.0 version to target (4.0b6? 4.0b7? trunk tip?)
  • RC1 planned for today (modulo blockers)
  • tentative release Wednesday, October 20

Highlights / Notices

  • User feedback summary: Similar to last week, with the exception of the last point.
Issue SUMO Input Buglink
Youtube & Video rendering ~20 users 144 bug 579597 and related.
Font rendering ~20 226 bug 588880
Middle button click-to-scroll rendering glitch 0 31 bug 588403
Zynga Toolbar not compatible 10 89 Not a bug.
Error at Start-Up (related to Ask Toolbar?? or just extensions) ~160 Hard to know--affects more than just beta users 85 [1]
  • Because we haven't had a 3.6 support feedback update in a while, top issues (more details? read the support report):
    • Sync breakage
    • 3.6 + Flash related things (due to major update)
    • Link strikethroughs in webmail (investigating)
    • Language change/loss in major update?

Questions and Concerns

  • 2.0 branch predictions and l10n? Proposal: kill the branch plan we had, l10n-drivers do the branch work twice, once towards l10n-central now, and then towards 2.0 once we get there? (Axel)
    • let's do that
    • Beta 7 is string freeze, independent of branch
    • string freeze on mozilla-central may stay post-branch to reduce the impact of localizers not switching to the 2.0 branch in time

Press & Public Reactions