Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 1.2 Feedback Summary
- 1.3 Highlights / Notices
- 1.4 Questions and Concerns
- 1.5 Press & Public Reactions
- actions from last week:
- schedule and progress on upcoming releases
- review highlights and notices
- respond to questions and concerns
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Firefox 4 (Desktop)
- downloads and response still strong
- no need to wait for 4.0.1 to do advertised major update
- need to fix 3.6 in order to be able to do advertised major update (see bug 646054)
- also need to determine if Norton incompatibility (bug 646560) will delay an advertised major update
Firefox 4 (Mobile)
- 1.0a9 push happening tomorrow, ACE was stealing our keyboard shortcut events in Mac, so we opted to hold until we had support across OSes.
- 0.9.2 is under way, implementing search is our primary focus.
- We are investigating the creation of a web service for packaging XPIs utilizing the same system we have working in the Builder - the first consumer would be AMO.
- shipped on schedule last Thursday, March 24
- Freeze: Wednesday, April 27 @ 11am PT
- RC1: Wednesday, April 27
- Final: Wednesday, May 4
- this will be the last 1.0 beta
- focus is on polishing existing functionality in preparation for stable release
- Quality, the new Firefox Development process and all-hands is forcing a release date move to 4/12
- It'll include support for the new Firefox Development process, grouperfish clustering and an updated dashboard for mobile users
We've got big plans for Input the next 3-6 months. To see what we're up to, there's a cool blog post on it!
- So far, feedback on social networks like twitter and fb remains pretty positive, with most complaints around add-on compatibility, video play back, norton, mcaffee and OMG UI change.
- Sign up for: https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/sumo-report -- top support issues!
Highlights / Notices
Questions and Concerns
- Who is responsible for maintaining these pages?