« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 1.2 Feedback Summary
- 1.3 Highlights / Notices
- 1.4 Questions and Concerns
- 1.5 Press & Public Reactions
- actions from last week:
- schedule and progress on upcoming releases
- review highlights and notices
- respond to questions and concerns
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Firefox 4 (Desktop)
- downloads and response still strong
- no need to wait for 4.0.1 to do advertised major update
- need to fix 3.6 in order to be able to do advertised major update (see bug 646054)
- also need to determine if Norton incompatibility (bug 646560) will delay an advertised major update
Firefox 4 (Mobile)
Add-on Builder 0.9.2
- 1.0a9 push happening tomorrow, ACE was stealing our keyboard shortcut events in Mac, so we opted to hold until we had support across OSes.
- 0.9.2 is under way, implementing search is our primary focus.
- We are investigating the creation of a web service for packaging XPIs utilizing the same system we have working in the Builder - the first consumer would be AMO.
Add-on SDK 1.0b4
- shipped on schedule last Thursday, March 24
Add-on SDK 1.0b5
- Freeze: Wednesday, April 27 @ 11am PT
- RC1: Wednesday, April 27
- Final: Wednesday, May 4
- this will be the last 1.0 beta
- focus is on polishing existing functionality in preparation for stable release
- Quality, the new Firefox Development process and all-hands is forcing a release date move to 4/12
- It'll include support for the new Firefox Development process, grouperfish clustering and an updated dashboard for mobile users
We've got big plans for Input the next 3-6 months. To see what we're up to, there's a cool blog post on it!
- So far, feedback on social networks like twitter and fb remains pretty positive, with most complaints around add-on compatibility, video play back, norton, mcaffee and OMG UI change.
- Sign up for: https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/sumo-report -- top support issues!
Highlights / Notices
Questions and Concerns
- Who is responsible for maintaining these pages?
- Creating the agenda and minutes page each week.
- Linking to the page from the main Planning page.
- Updating the Latest link.