From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
« previous week | index | next week »

Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays - 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC
  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Actions from Last Week

  • Stuart/Thomas to report back next meeting with a more detailed summary of mobile's plans for rapid release
  • Aakash to provide bug number related to Test Pilot version mismatch and missing feedback button
    • No bug number as Test Pilot was updated on AMO. Feedback from Input alludes to it working now.

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 3.6.x/3.5.x/4.0.x

  • Investigation of low 3.5/3.6 beta ADUs lead to a fix that will push us back a few days (see Christian's note to rel-drivers)

Firefox 4.0.1 advertised major update

  • Delayed a few days pursuant to beta ADU investigation

Fennec 4.0.x

Firefox 5 (Desktop)

Firefox 5 (Mobile)

Firefox 6 (Desktop)

  • Everyone who is working on something for Firefox 6 to make sure it has a Feature Page and to make sure it gets added to the Release Tracking page. If you have any questions, ping deb.
  • Merge from mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora happens on 2011-05-24

Firefox 6 (Mobile)

Firefox Sync

Add-on Builder 0.9.2

Add-on SDK 1.0b5

  • froze today on schedule
  • landed much of what we wanted to land in this cycle
  • still have a few changes to land that we're going to take during the freeze
  • a few things missed and will happen later
  • unclear if 1.0b5rc1 will happen today as planned
  • final release still planned for next Wednesday, May 4
  • b5 remains on track to be last 1.0 beta release
  • 1.0 final release remains on track for early June

Input 3.5

Input's dashboard is showing data over all channels of Firefox now.

  • ETA for Input 3.5: 5/12
  • Note:
    • Apparently, updating Test Pilot to 1.1 wasn't enough. Jono updated Test Pilot on AMO and its enabled on Aurora builds again.

Feedback Summary

Main issues:

Press & Public Reactions

Questions and Concerns

  • (catlee) schedule for final release process?
    • we need to merge mozilla-beta to mozilla-release and then do another round of build prior to release day.
    • A: The go/no-go decision for release is around June 7th. If it's a "go", we can do the merge to mozilla-release and do builds and QA shortly after that. This gives us plenty of time for testing before release day on the 21st.
  • (jp) When do beta calls start?
    • The Beta calls start on Monday May 2nd @2:00pm. We MIGHT change this time and that will be communicated in the meeting reminder send to planning on Friday.
    • The goals of having a meeting prior to May 17th is basically to help us plan for the cutover and make sure all logistics and issues are getting addressed.
  • (catlee) when are we pushing to mirrors for 3.5/3.6/4.
    • A: Planning on pushing in the morning of the 28th, assuming nobody objects. johnath to send mail to r-d

Actions this week

  • Stuart/Thomas to report back next meeting with a more detailed summary of mobile's plans for rapid release
  • Johnath to send note to rel-drivers about 3.5/3.6/4.0 push to mirrors workflow tomorrow