During the last week of July or in early August, Microsoft will start pushing out updates to Windows 10. We don't know exactly what the update trajectory will look like. Our goal is that when Windows 10 releases start to go out, Firefox will work well on Windows 10.
Links to Current info
- Windows 10 Meta Bug = https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=windows-10
- Windows 10 - Engagement Wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Windows10/Engagement
Roles and Responsibilities
|Product Management||Bryan Clark|
|Project Management||Sheila Mooney|
|Firefox Engineering||Justin Dolske|
|Platform Engineering||Johnny Stenback|
|Marketing||Fabio Rios, Winston Bowden|
|Release Management||Sylvestre Ledru|
Meetings & Communications
|Meeting||Day of week||Pacific Time||Vidyo Room||Notes|
|Engineering||Every week on Tuesday||9:00AM - 9:45AM||Firefox||etherpad|
Release timing & Important Dates
- Firefox 39 (Beta) -> GA on June 29th, 2015
- Firefox 40 (Aurora) -> Beta on June 29th, 2015
- Windows 10 release date is July 29th, 2015
- Firefox 40 -> GA on Aug 11th, 2015
- Firefox 41 -> GA on Sept 21st, 2015
- Firefox main release schedule is the master location for the dates when each Firefox version goes to Aurora, Beta, & Release.
Firefox 39 Release
- Urgent & critical fixes only
- Uplifted into 39 - bug 1166867
Firefox 40 Release'
- Key list of P1 bugs
Firefox 41 Release'
- Polish and bug fixes
Firefox 42 Release
- Feature set TBD
- Things look good for Fx 40 release, all bugs landed and uplifted.