- 11:00am PDT (18:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- join irc.mozilla.org #bonecho for backchannel
- Bon Echo Beta 2 Roundup
- Bon Echo RC1 Planning
- Theme, Software Update, Phishing Protection, JS 1.7
- Any new areas of concern?
- Schedule Update
- Any Other Business
Bon Echo Beta 2 Status
- Shipped on August 31st, 2006. (announcement|download)
- update MARs pushed for Bon Echo Alpha 1-3 and Firefox 2 Beta 1?
- schrep poked at update pings for Beta 2 users (does not include nightly users):
- ~163,000 w32, ~12.4k OS X, ~1.5k Linux
- about 150,000 raw downloads from Bouncer
- guesstimate of about 450,000 active Firefox 2 Beta 2 users
- lots of public feedback available: asa's blog, MozillaZine, technical press.
- a lot of the bugs mentioned in these forums have already been resolved
- Lots of sites pointed to the FTP page, some to the en-GB build only:
- we should have a release page available which can redirect/point to the download page when we officially "release" to stop people from pointing to the FTP servers
- we should announce the expected release time on this page as soon as we know it
- we might want to block some forms of FTP on the day of the release to prevent people from pointing to the FTP servers instead of to bouncer
Bon Echo RC1 Status
- Firefox 2 blockers for post beta 2 (80+ remaining, >5 of which are unowned)
- if you own a blocker and either see no clear path to resolution or have no time to complete, please mark as [at risk]
- drivers are starting to take less and less risk (see schrep's recent devnews post for details)
- tracking bug is bug 328065
- the Mac OS X theme is getting panned in blogs, forums and press
- beltzner meeting with Radiant Core at 2pm EDT today to discuss feedback and changes to icon set, location of tab close buttons, and "endcap" treatment
- note: the experiments are still thought to be worthwhile, even from the online critics
- sspitzer's been pulling overtime to fix a lot of tabstrip bugs, looking a lot better in nightly builds
- a fair number of blockers are than theme releated (more than 20)
- gonna start getting tough about "blocker" vs. "would take fix" to help us prioritize for RCs.
- planning to do a nightly->nightly update as a "major" update to test that UI sometime next week (as per "a week after beta2" comment from schrep last week)
- should start announcing this several days early in dev.planning and devnews and blogs and mozillazine, etc.
- should set up a thread in advance on MZ and in dev.apps.firefox to capture feedback
- last week seth talked about creating a fake version number so that user's aren't affected by the "never" button; something like 0.2.0t?
- two blockers to meet server side requirements (tracked in bug 349227)
- any JS-heavy sites you guys want users to be testing or keeping eyes on?
Any new areas of concern?
- Firefox Beta 2: tentative Aug 31st release
- RC1 lockdown: tentative Sept 13th at 11:59pm PDT
Any Other Business
- Developer documentation for Bon Echo is essentially finished, aside from some touching up and a couple of samples still in progress. Please visit http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Firefox_2_for_developers and give it a look. If you see any omissions or errors, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so he can fix it.