Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 2.0.0.x / 3.0.x
- Code freeze for 184.108.40.206 and 3.0.4 is next Friday, October 24.
- Aiming to ship release on November 12.
- Using new criteria from dev-planning post to triage approval requests.
- Please re-nominate if you feel that your bug should get it and it was minussed. Include rationale as well.
- New support issue tracking and metrics tracking on the [Weekly common issues page
- Details on how it all works
- Now using Forums as baseline source of new issues.
- Post comments, questions or help lead followup on the specific threads.
- This week's issues:
- Prefs.js not saving
- Norton-like issues but not caused by Norton (locked places.sqlite)
- Slow loading pages
- Login issues
- Norton 360 update
Firefox 3.1 beta 1:
- Shipped yesterday, so far so good. Tracking feedback.
Firefox 3.1 beta 2:
- en-US string freeze is Thursday, October 30th at 11:59pm PDT
- code freeze is Tuesday, November 4th at 11:59pm PDT
- Release scheduled for sometime following that.
Tracking new issues in Forums and LiveChat, working with RRRT also.
No firefox 3.1 b2pre l10n builds on ftp, bug 459813, not all version numbers got patched on Benjamin's temporary setup.
- bug 460062 - No Mac or Linux nightly builds generated on 10/15/08.
- Beta 1 shipped. Testing completed in 5 days.
- Handful of issues found and logged. See detailed results
- Fx3.1 Feature testing progress spreadsheet
- Testplan completion %: 64% (last week: 58%)
- Estimated testcases: 414 (last week: 382)
- Testcase completion %: 27% (last week: 18%)
- Targeted % by Beta 2 ship: Testplans 100% | Testcases 50%
- Targeted % by RC1 ship: Testplans 100% | Testcases 90%
- As always, Feature Testplans and progress here.
- discussion about renaming from "pa-IN" to "pa" ? bug 380287
- cover for bsmedberg's l10n machines
- starting l10n nightly work, as that tinderbox-free code is now running on 1.9
- Solaris version of FF3.1b1 bug 449540
- Tons of docs from sheppy are done for the beta - thanks to everyone
- Good launch of beta1 with developer notes - lots of people are picking it up
- Need to get to Beta 2 - want to focus on TM and new SVG + CSS features so looking for demos, etc.
- shappy joining calls for pr
- 3.1b1 coverage largely centered around speed and geolocation
- enabling unittests for tracemonkey project branch?
- Will talk to shaver/brendan/sayrer