Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 2.0.0.x / 3.0.x
- Currently in triage.
- Scheduled code freeze date is October 24, final ship date is November 12.
- Weekly common issues
- New issues:
- Updates to 3.0.3 "failing"
- People complaining about "pushed" updates
- Still have issues with Password manager in 3.0.3, may be bug 457358
- Specific crash causes
- Still have trouble with logging in to Yahoo specifically and with cookies in general.
- New issues:
- builds coming out now
- QA estimate is 5-6 days
- looking to launch next week
- Plan for Beta 2 for review
- complete work on the following features, based on feedback from beta 1
- complete these late feature additions
- we're also considering reviewed, solid, tested patches for some other small improvements but we will not hold Beta 2 for these
- Private browsing documentation:
- Official name?
- More info on features (UI specifically)
- Please use "user-doc-needed" when submitting patches that change user facing options, strings, etc.
44 locales with localizer commits: be ca cs de en-GB eo es-AR es-ES et eu fi fr fy-NL ga-IE gu-IN he hi-IN hu id it ja ja-JP-mac ko lt mk nb-NO nl nn-NO oc pa-IN pl pt-BR pt-PT ro ru si sk sq sr sv-SE tr uk zh-CN zh-TW
19 locales with just Axel: af ar as bg cy da el gl is ka kn ku ml mn mr sl ta te th
l10n dashboard going through unification for fx3, tb2, sb1, sm2.
- Tracking Testplan Beta 1 testing began yesterday
- Fx3.1 Feature testing progress spreadsheet
- Testplan completion %: 58%
- Estimated testcases: 382
- Testcase completion %: 18%
- Targeted % by Beta 2 ship: Testplans 100% | Testcases 50%
- Targeted % by RC1 ship: Testplans 100% | Testcases 90%
- As always, Feature Testplans and progress here.
- tree open, so now ok to enable a11y tests? bug 424195
- Documentation for CSS transforms is complete; see Using CSS transforms.
- Documentation of HTML 5 canvas text is complete.
- Documentation of shadow effects is complete.
- Documentation of DOM Text nodes is complete.
- Documentation for CSS media queries is now underway.
- Beta messaging
- Figure out which developer features to highlight
- Message what isn't complete and will continue to be enhanced
- Which features we should not highlight (performance?)
- Proposing new criteria/approach for branch releases
- Geode / Geolocation launch