From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox 3 Meeting

Meeting Details

  • Tuesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
  • Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
  • #granparadiso for backchannel

PRD Status Update

Open Action Items

  • thunder to confirm with Baz and Kev about where localizable string with partner name will be used in UI (needed for INST-005a)
    • carry-over
  • beltzner to liase with to get malware site list hooked up
    • meeting today
  • mconnor to kill mozilla-1.9beta1 flag
    • think this is done, please send mconnor an example so he can kill it, too


  • Proposed Schedule
  • we enter threat level red on Wednesday at 23:59 PDT
  • Current BMO report for blocking-firefox3+
  • beltzner: if you're waiting on a ui decision, please make sure that the bug is marked blocking? or blocking+ and has ui-wanted as a keyword

Work in progress

  • Web-based protocol handling (PH team)
    • bugfixing ongoing
    • test webcal: proto handler should go online soon
  • Microformats (mkaply)
    • No new status. Starting to investigate if we are going to do UI.
  • Download Manager
  • Password Manager (dolske)
  • Addons Manager (Rob Strong, Mossop, mwu)
  • Security, Privacy, Identity
  • Installer
  • User Experience
  • Theming/Visual Makeover
    • Mac theme is being tracked by bug 397723, and discussed on the wiki
    • will be filing bugs for new icon work on Windows

Security Review

  • Design Review Proposal
  • Suggested order for review
    • Password Manager (done)
    • Offline Apps (happening after this meeting)
    • Places (when will you be ready?)
    • Web Content Handlers
    • Microformats
    • RSS
    • Add-Ons
    • Cross-domain XMLHttpRequest
    • Distribution/Customization
    • ContentEditable
    • Private Browsing
    • Malware Protection

QA Status/Topics

  • Draft Fx 3 Test Plan wiki
  • Working on M9 features and test plans. Lots landing, daily smoketests and trunk landing verifications.
  • Work continues on Feature Test Plans linked from the Firefox 3 Test Plan Wiki.
  • Using Grouphub now to track Fx3 Projects and ToDos. Still in works, but now available for others to see
  • Triaged existing printing bugs from 25 to 14 (tomcat)
  • This week's testday topic is Tabbed browsing / Download Manager

Features Test Update

  • Addons : verifying 15 bugs, creating new test cases
  • Addons : Lots of work on the Plugin Updating test plan
  • Addons : awaiting word on new Addons Manager UI work to be done, so we can develop test plans
  • Platform Integration: first draft of the Gecko Platform Test Plan for FF3. Awaiting more feedback from others
  • Places : Verifying 20 bugs, creating new test cases
  • Protocal handling: Create a RSS protocol handling test for the protocol handling team
  • Microformats: Implementing Microformat tests for the FFX 3 microformat feature.
  • Security : creating test plans, testing. Last week testday topic was on security/privacy and got new volunteers to help with smoketests and regressions
  • Password Manager : Fx3 Password Manager test case review and feature exploration
  • Tabbed browsing : work on testcases / verifications

Build Topics

Localization Topics

Round table

  • Documentation work is ongoing; see the documentation plan for details and to be sure your areas of interest are planned for coverage. We're evaluating all bugs tagged with the dev-doc-needed keyword as well to see which of them need to be documented for Firefox 3.
  • SUMO update:
    • current plan is for SUMO team to continue to work on the website, and for us to continue on plan to ship help content with Firefox 3, annotating it with links to relevant SUMO searches
    • at end of December, we'll checkpoint and see if this plan can be modified to do a more wholesale replacement with SUMO
    • dtenser and ss are looking at ensuring that the links would be locale-specific, which would be a lot better than what we have now!
  • basil: what's the status of the PRD item for the installer removing existing profile data on uninstall?
    • action item: beltzner to find that blocking bug

Gecko 1.9 Meeting

Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
  • Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
  • join #granparadiso for backchannel

General Discussion

Blockers and Noms

Blockers report:

GFX Update

Layout Update

Content Update

Mac OS X Update

Platform/Build Tools Update