Firefox 3/Gecko 1.9 Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 19:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S - Central Area
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for backchannel
- AI:peterv Help drive leak fixing
Firefox 3: issues for beta 4 / final ship
- Theme Refresh / Visual Polish
- new XP and Vista icons arrived, chopping frantically
- new OSX icons arrived, hopefully will land tonight
- new Linux icons not needed, they're pretty much done!
- vlad making some last minute native theme changes to help on Vista
- beltzner working on new chrome for awesomebar
- Awesome Bar
- bug 395739 - adaptive learning - got blocker status, needs review dietrich
Platform: issues for beta 4 / final ship
- Memory Usage
- xsite XMLHttpRequest
- Web-based protocol handling
- Help (SUMO etc)
- Plug-ins - concern over flash plug-in causing repaint
- mostly regression fixing and polishing, no new features
- some big ticket items:
- changing build infrastructure on OSX to 10.5 bug 417045
- JS garbage collection stuff (landed, bug # needed)
- array optimizations (landed, bug # needed)
- PGO on win32 (landing tomorrow, bug # needed)
- XMLHttpRequest unresolved issue from security review
- XMLHttpRequest User:Sicking/Cross_Site_XHR_Review one more time!
- Window.postMessage (sicking and waldo)
- Microformats (mkaply)(User:Mkaply:Fx-Docs:Microformats)
- Distribution/Customization (thunder)(User:Thunder/Distribution Customizations Feature Proposal)
- Password Manager (done)
- Offline Apps (done)
- Web Content Handlers (done)
- Add-Ons (rob_strong) (done)
- Places (dietrich/sspitzer) (done)
- Cross-domain XMLHttpRequest - Done.
- ContentEditable (peterv) - Done.
- Malware Protection (dcamp) Done.
- about:crashes (Mossop) (Done)
- Beta 4 Testplan ready
- Areas Covered:
- Beta4 and past focused Tests
- Top Plugins
- Update snippets from Alpha X, Beta X -> Beta 4
- Memory Leak Testing (handled by Tomcat on debug builds)
- P1 L10N spotchecks
- Bug verifications
- Beta 4 Testday - March 7th
- Areas Covered:
- Top Crashes found on b3 on Breakpad
- High Priority for beta 4
- Resolved Fixed bug 418377 - crash [@ XPCWrappedNativeScope::FindInJSObjectScope(XPCCallContext&, JSObject*, int)]
- Nom for blocking? please approve bug 418378 - crash [@ nsGlobalWindow::SaveWindowState(nsISupports**)]
- Nom for blocking? please approve bug 418381 - crash [@ HashString(nsAString_internal const&)]
- Lower Priority
- bug 391311 - Topcrash: [@ nsChromeRegistry::CheckForNewChrome] during startup
- bug 418379 - crash [@ nsNavHistoryFolderResultNode::FindChildById(__int64, unsigned int*)]
- bug 418382 - crash [@ UniscribeItem::SaveGlyphs(gfxTextRun*)]
- bug 418384 - crash [@ ClientData::GetOtlTable(long, unsigned char const**, unsigned long*)]
- Fx3 L10n Localizer Litmus Test suite created for localizers to spotcheck their builds before checkins.
- This week's Testday topic is on Bookmarks and History Testing. Please join #testday all day friday to assist with questions and test advice.
- all T1 and T2 locales opted-in except danish
- gives us 32 candidates (one fewer than Beta 3)
- chofmann needs to verify
- all tinderboxes reporting green
- Sheriffs and other tree-watchers, please note the Tree Closures wiki page
- Build: When is it ok to close the tree for bug 407796 ?
- Build: OSX upgrade bug 417045 ?