Firefox 3/Gecko 1.9 Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S - Central Area
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for backchannel
Firefox 3: issues for next milestone & final ship
- Blocker Report (as of 2pm PST today)
- Theme Refresh / Visual Polish
- IconFactory doubling resource on Windows icon work
- OSX icon work underway, about to lose kgerich for a week
- Awesome Bar
- can now detect parts of tags
- Mardak has a bunch of UE optimizations in the wings (needs review)
- bug 384370 - JSON backup/restore - Ts hit was resolved by moving back importation of files (Cu.import + XUL.mfasl voodoo). Now blocking on bug 421943.
- will be removing Advanced Search functionality
- will be moving some of the Smart Bookmark queries to the Bookmark Menu (keeping Most Recent on the Bookmark Toolbar)
Platform: issues for next milestone & final ship
- Memory Usage
- filed 15 mlk bugs over past week, one regression bug 421150, 12 P2 blockers
- bug 421703 is first using leak gauge - not sure if it needs to block? already fixed?
- bug 421835 found on trunk clicking around in the new Add-on Manager, reproducible in 75 % of the tests; not sure it needs to block
- all other nominated bugs are add-on related, including 2 new Extension nsGlobalWindows Leaks.
- Seems with this more and more compatible Firefox 3 Extensions we get also more and more Leak Reports. A little sad are comments like this from irc" a friend of a friend is saying that Firefox 2 uses less memory/cpu than Firefox 3 for him with a few extensions loaded".In this case 4 Extensions were installed and 2 of them are already on my Leak Buglist :-/ seems there is still a lot of work left here...
- Will start next week to work with Mark Finkle on Docs and Blog Posts for Extension Devs and AMO Editors (Best Practice, Leak Tests with Leak Gauge etc).
- Jesse mentioned yesterday that we maybe need a Meta Leak Bug for Extension Leaks, using bug 402335 for now
- X-site XMLHttpRequest
- Web-based protocol handling
- Microformats - same as last week
- Help (SUMO etc)
- Plug-ins - concern over flash plug-in causing repaint
- Working on a beta 5 testplan
- Tons of b4 feedback and bugs to go through
- Planning the schedule for remaining release milestones
- Testday will be on themes and topsites. Announcement coming soon.
- In-product AMO integration done(Mossop)
- XMLHttpRequest User:Sicking/Cross_Site_XHR_Review one more time!
- Window.postMessage (sicking and waldo)
- Microformats (mkaply)(User:Mkaply:Fx-Docs:Microformats)
- Distribution/Customization (thunder)(User:Thunder/Distribution Customizations Feature Proposal)
- Password Manager (done)
- Offline Apps (done)
- Web Content Handlers (done)
- Add-Ons (rob_strong) (done)
- Places (dietrich/sspitzer) (done)
- Cross-domain XMLHttpRequest - Done.
- ContentEditable (peterv) - Done.
- Malware Protection (dcamp) Done.
- about:crashes (Mossop) (Done)