Mozilla Foundation Weekly Priorities: May 13th, 2019
Key Dates (Upcoming)
- May 1 - 30 - Sprint for Internet Health Please help promote! Here are some suggested tweets.
- May 17 - Deadline to Sign Up for Tuesday, June 18 Dine-Around/Outing (during All Hands)
- May 22 - MoFo Monthly Call
- May 23 - Application for fellows focused on open internet engineering: LOIs due, full applications due June 3.
- May 29 - LOI submissions due for Creative Media Awards 2019
- June 18-21 - MoFo All Hands in Toronto
- Monthly open org-wide OKR calls (optional)
- May 13 - OKR 3: Reach
- May 15 - OKR 2: Revenue
- May 28 - OKR 1: Theme
- May 29 - OKR 4: Org Health
What's Moving This Week (and who to contact with questions)
- Finalizing guidance for teams to prep for All Hands (Paul & Lainie)
- Mozilla cultural onboarding (Becca & Brandi)
- Amazon campaign planning (Kaili)
- EU campaign strategy (Jon)
- Wrapping up before maternity leave - last day in the office is this Friday, May 17th. Let me know if you need anything from me before then! (Sara)
- Debrief from MozFest Retreat & scheduling follow-up interviews from Openness Survey (OLE)
- Wrapping up OL7, making plans for OLX (Abby)
- IHR Mozilla Morning in Brussels (Tuesday) and Stockholm Internet Forum later this week (Mark)
- Launch open consultation on impact statements for AI! (Sam, Sarah)
- IHR launches in Spanish (Kasia, Jairus, Eeva)
- Reviewing fellowship applications (Fellowships team)
- Inviting potential external (+ internal) review committee members (suggestions? Send to Janice)
- Putting together concept notes for several funders, wrapping up our first mini-campaign and kicking off our second one this week (Partnerships team)
- Misinfo fundraising campaign; New newsletter sign up feature; MozFest site templates (Digital Engagement team)
Notes from the last Executive Team weekly meeting
Combined from last two meetings
- MozRetreat - Angela shared initial takeaways from MozRetreat. It was a very energizing and productive week! She will be working on the arts and creativity track for the festival with a few other wranglers.
- Campaigns workweek - The campaigns team met in Chicago to help onboard Kaili before Sara goes on mat leave. Ashley shared that they were able to get more concrete on expectations around rapid response campaigning, and will further work to bridge connections between EU and North American campaign efforts.
- re:publica - Mark mentioned that his keynote was a useful opportunity to message test our latest thinking on AI/impact theme. See Cathleen Berger’s detailed report on Mozilla’s presence/learnings and a link to Mark’s talk here.
- Strategy Retreat - Discussed how the campaigns, fellowships and awards teams are sharing outputs and following up on ideas generated during the retreat. Lainie and Paul facilitated one-on-one’s with all participants and will share further outcomes with staff in a brown bag later this month.
- Unrestricted funds reporting - Planning for Juan to join these calls on a monthly basis, and discussed potential data points related to unrestricted fundraising to increase our ability to make data-driven decisions and track if/how deepening engagement is having an impact.
- Director of Operations Update - Angela has narrowed down candidates for this role, with three moving forward to a second round of interviews with two panels (Michael/Ruzanna/Kalpana and Juan/Lainie/Abigail).