Mozilla Foundation Weekly Priorities: November 11th, 2019
Key Dates (Upcoming)
- November 14 - Board meeting
- November 14 - MozFest Community Call (Chad & Abby)
- November 20 - MoFo monthly call
- November 20 - PNI Buyers Guide Press Day in NYC
- November 26-29 - Internet Governance Forum in Berlin (Michelle + some fellows attending)
What's Moving This Week (and who to contact with questions)
- On November 14th we have a board of directors meeting hosted remotely. This is our second to last meeting of the year.
- 2020 planning continues
- MozFest follow-up continues
- Mark is traveling to Montreal for a MozFest debrief with partner Element AI
- Following up with the former fellows and awardees we supported to be at MozFest, and sharing updates on new fellows and awardees' work (Fellowships & Awards team)
- Working to file our 990 tax form (Angela/Operations team)
- Launch Privacy & Security marketing campaign, offering Mozilla supporters a sneak peek at the PNI guide. Also prepping an email to send PNI & IHR sneak peeks to all partners and funders. Reach out to Ashley with q's about the campaign broadly, and Jessie K with any q's about partner/funder outreach.
- Following up on all private major donor events to solicit gifts (Jesse W)
- Donation stack testing (Will/ Engagement team)
- PNI soft launch, and Trustworthy AI theme page (Engagement team)
- Work on diversity and inclusion committee formation (Michael A)
- Mozilla Fellow Renée DiResta is hosting a threatcasting game/workshop on Thursday to explore ways that technological elements in our social, economic, and political spheres can be leveraged to manipulate outcomes: Register to join
- Continuing pressure on Facebook and Google over their political ads policies (Campaigns team)
Notes from the last Executive Team weekly meeting
- 2020 Planning - Nicolas Ponset & Jess Stillerman from Aleron, plus Becca Ricks and Sarah Watson, joined for this portion of the call, where we reviewed progress on our Trustworthy AI Theory of Change, specifically honing in on high-level activities that are required to achieve the short-term outcomes. This work draws on brainstorming we did in Berkeley at the strategy retreat, as well as feedback from fellows and host orgs at MozFest. Also we discussed the general approach to getting from the Trustworthy aI Theory of Change to our org-wide objectives for 2020. The executive team is compiling an initial list of priority initiatives for 2020 that together with our org-wide objectives will help inform collaborative team planning November through January.
- Onboarding of VP, Global Programs - Specifically discussed orienting Bob to where we are in the 2020 planning process. She will be in Toronto this week meeting with the executive team and local staff.
- Board prep - Reviewed general topics for the two upcoming board meetings on November 14th and December 18th.
- Currently in case study stage for Director, Leadership Programs
- In interview stage for Program Officer, Fellowships & Awards (to support new Ford Global South fellowships)
- Reviewing applications for Social Media Specialist
- Reviewing applications for Content Marketer