Mozilla Foundation Weekly Priorities: November 25th, 2019
Key Dates (Upcoming)
- November 25 - MoFo monthly call
- November 26-29 - Internet Governance Forum in Berlin (Michelle + some fellows attending +Kasia, Solana, Stefan and several MoCos)
- December 2-3 - Executive team retreat
- December 4-5 - Leadership team planning meeting in Toronto (Execs + directors + Janice & Solana)
What's Moving This Week (and who to contact with questions)
- 2020 planning continues - prep for executive team retreat (Dec 2-3) and leadership team planning meeting (Dec 4-5) Also continuing Theory of Change AMA meetings with internal teams
- IHR: We're continung to promote IHR Special Edition "Privacy Included, Rethinking the Smart Home" online and offline (Kasia speaking at Digitale-Leute Summit in Cologne), the team attending IGF in Berlin, prep for 2020 planning in Toronto.
- OLE: Scoping for MozFest 2020 and continued 2019 MozFest follow-up: feedback mtgs, podcast.
- Planning for the second convening on the Role of Foundations in AI happening in January. Reach out to Sarah Watson if you'd like more information.
- Planning for board recruitment throughout 2020. Looking to add 1-3 talented board members. More on this to follow soon. Reach out to Sarah Watson if you'd like more information.
- Comms: Continuing press push on PNI and IH companion piece; planning AI comms arc for 2020
- F&A: Our first Fellowships & Awards 'alumni' newsletter is going out! (Melissa, Ann Marie); OpenDoTT design research training debrief (Michelle); Creative Media Awardees are presenting their project's Impact Plans to key Mozilla staff and external PR agency reps (Jenn)
- Engagement: Donate stack/Thunderbird, Brand/Audience work
- Fundraising/partnerships: Year-end fundraising preparation and execution (Will, Hilary, Stephanie L.);
Major Donor Prospect follow-up from MozFest and recent events (Jesse); Juan returns next week!
- Reminder: The Open Innovation team has just released CPG Enforcement - Foundational Training - a self-study course that will provide Mozillians with foundational knowledge required to respond to situations and circumstances with potential risk to individuals, and the organization as a whole. This includes knowledge of people, resources and tools in place to support your success, safety and wellbeing.
- It’s like a First Aid course for building healthy communities and workspaces. We hope we won't need it, but if we do - it will make a real difference to someone's experience of Mozilla.
Notes from the last Executive Team weekly meeting
- 2020 planning - The executive team has drafted a set of org-wide objectives that tie to the short-term outcomes in the theory of change. Discussed initial criteria to consider during prioritization and to share with directors, as that final interrogation and prioritization will happen on Dec 4-5 in Toronto in person with the full leadership team.
- Fundraising update - Jessie Keating joined for the second half of the call to share a monthly fundraising update. Broadly discussed year-end grassroots fundraising plans, checked-in on our major donor efforts, and expectations for marketing campaigns.
- Currently in case study stage for Director, Leadership Programs
- In interview stage for Program Officer, Fellowships & Awards (to support new Ford Global South fellowships); Social Media Specialist and Content Marketer